Coyote Decoy and Scent Tips

How do you position the tail on your yote decoy when it's being used? Tucked and timid is my knee jerk thought, but I know so little and am glad to say it. Do ya put it on n the call, or off the call observing the call?

Could ya share your thoughts on that sort of stuff?

Thanks man.
 
I use decoys a lot but small motion decoys to keep a predators attention. I tried a coyote decoy years ago, it was too much of a hassle and for me didn't find it worth the effort.

Scent tips, don't let a coyote get into a position to smell you. Use the wind and terrain to keep them out of your scent cone.

Good hunting
 
I'm not much of a gadget guy the only decoy I ever use is a feather tied to a wood dowl. Seems to be effective but have found that on bright sunny days it will sometimes cause a coyote to stop and leave. I guess from the light reflection, so I only use it overcast days now. Don't like packing a bunch of stuff around.
 
Back
Top