Anyone tried a DNT Hydra HS650r?

MPFD

Well-known member
I just picked one up and it looks really good. Has anyone else tried one of these? I wanted the AGM Rattler V3, but for the price of the specs I wanted, I can get two of these....

I didn’t have the varmint scope taken off my 6 arc yet so I put it in my 12.5” Grendel as a clip on. It will likely live as a stand alone between an 20” 6 ARC and a 10-22.

IMG_7539.jpeg


IMG_7538.jpeg
 
It was super easy to sight in. I have it about 1.5” high at 100 yards with 90g gold dots at 2840 fps in my 6.8 SPC. I couldn’t bring myself to pull the 6-24x off my 20” 6 Arc… it’s gonna be on this 16” ARP scout 3R 6.8 SPCii. I wasn’t shooting my best after a 12 hour shift last night, but it shot a 1” group at 100 yards.

IMG_7544.jpeg



IMG_7543.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I took it out last night. Didn’t see any coyotes but there were deer everywhere. I decided to put it on a shorter 12.5” 5.56, I don’t need the 6.8 horsepower for coyotes… There’s no pigs in my area, and shorter will be nice. I’ve gotta get a good tripod…
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7550.jpeg
    IMG_7550.jpeg
    156.7 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7548.jpeg
    IMG_7548.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 33
Did you shot it as a clip on?
I haven’t yet, but I’ll try it eventually. I think my viper 1-6x would work better with crosshairs and an illuminated “dot” than that primary arms scope with its chevron. I just wanted to see if the mount it came with was close enough to the height of my aero mounts. It’s perfect height wise. I just think the amount of scanning you have to do would be harder through a scope.
 
Back
Top