Finally got to make it back out. Been seeing lots of hogs and some deer in camera. Was gone for 12 day on an Alaska vacation (no hunting or fishing
) and another week to catch up after I got back.
Our deer season will start in October 3, so I need to go check feeders and bump back the morning time about 20 minutes since it is getting daylight later as the days shorten.
I heard hogs walking in, and as soon as the creek feeder went off a group came out and the big boar was with them. It wasn’t good light yet, so trying waiting for my best shot. Several small one kept getting in the way but finally the shot I wanted and it dropped. 80 grain eldx right in the neck. They rest ran off.
I walked down to drag him out from under the feeder intending to get it some more time. On the way back to the stand I heard my other feeder go off. Got in the stand just as hogs came out. Some of the same ones with the boar rhst had ran off probably.
Shot the biggest one which was a sow.
43 inch heart girth which is supposed to be 230 pounds. He was heavy in the shoulders and light in the hams so could have been a little lighter.
Sow was maybe 60-70 pounds
Our deer season will start in October 3, so I need to go check feeders and bump back the morning time about 20 minutes since it is getting daylight later as the days shorten.
I heard hogs walking in, and as soon as the creek feeder went off a group came out and the big boar was with them. It wasn’t good light yet, so trying waiting for my best shot. Several small one kept getting in the way but finally the shot I wanted and it dropped. 80 grain eldx right in the neck. They rest ran off.
I walked down to drag him out from under the feeder intending to get it some more time. On the way back to the stand I heard my other feeder go off. Got in the stand just as hogs came out. Some of the same ones with the boar rhst had ran off probably.
Shot the biggest one which was a sow.
43 inch heart girth which is supposed to be 230 pounds. He was heavy in the shoulders and light in the hams so could have been a little lighter.
Sow was maybe 60-70 pounds