We have a night blooming cactus. When it flowers, it grows one or more buds & they open at night. Only one night. They only open once & then die off
It recently had 3 & we didn't notice them until the day after
This afternoon I noticed a bud on it that I don't think has opened yet. Then a 2nd one that opened last night, so we figured we're going to see one open tonight
I checked it about 2 hours later & there was a 2nd one, that wasn't even there 2 hours before
That flat leaf looks similar to the Christmas cactus, Stu, but the Christmas cactus has bright red bloom.
Brought a different species of a really nasty cactus home from the ranch and planted along my back fence to discourage fence jumpers.....it worked. Didn't know it was a night bloomer for 7 or 8 years until was out one night and saw it blooming.