Method for catching live coyotes by hand

Coyote001

Method for catching live coyotes by hand

coyote hogtied and muzzled with zip-ties

coyote hogtied and muzzled with duct tape around 6:15

Do you use this method to catch your live coyotes?
if yes, don't hesitate to upload your pics and videos.

Last edited:
Is it even legal in most states? In Utah you cannot catch animals alive and transport them without a special permit.

I don't see the point of dragging that out ? Not being an asshole, but It's just that i think my definition of merciful, and theirs is a little different.

Legal in Georgia. I have a buddy that does it. I would consider it, but I don’t have room for them on my vehicle or at the house.

Nah, no tape or zip ties. When we trap a coyote you can use your hands or a ketch-all-pole to move them from trap to dog box.
For removal just back up to the pen and open doors or use pole again to catch and move. Ain’t too keen on using my hand to grab then after they’re in the box already, lol.

Look for a podcast with a guy names Wyman Minzner. He trapped and released dozens of coyotes during his studies at Texas Tech University. He is very knowledgeable about this process and coyotes in general.

Nah, no tape or zip ties. When we trap a coyote you can use your hands or a ketch-all-pole to move them from trap to dog box.
For removal just back up to the pen and open doors or use pole again to catch and move. Ain’t too keen on using my hand to grab then after they’re in the box already, lol.
Oh, I see.
I thought your friend was tying them up.
I think tying them up is an emergency solution if, for example, you don't have a cage or the cage is full.
I find it interesting to tie them up and find out how it's done.

Question, who in the world would pay to have live coyotes released onto their property? Maybe some city boys but us farm/ ranch boys want them dead. Found it interesting how docile the one became once immobilized. Didn’t have coyotes when I trapped more than 50 years ago so no experience but fox were plenty feisty

Question, who in the world would pay to have live coyotes released onto their property? Maybe some city boys but us farm/ ranch boys want them dead. Found it interesting how docile the one became once immobilized. Didn’t have coyotes when I trapped more than 50 years ago so no experience but fox were plenty feisty

People who own fox pens.

Back