Stir the Pot

I too am not a fan of ARs either. Atleast for hunting. I have 3 ARs. Use them for home/ property defense incase ANTiFA comes after me haha

As far as hunting. I much prefer a bolt gun. More accurate and quieter over all for hunting. They suppress better too

I shot a bolt gun in HP rifle competition for some 20 years (after shooting Garand for at least 5). It is a common belief that bolt guns are more accurate than gas guns, and if you're shooting those bughole benchrest matches, that is true, but, a good match Garand is capable of sub MOA which is good enough for XTC matches. I was enlightened when some AR's started appearing on the line at matches and soon impressed by the scores their shooters turned in.

As far as hunting accuracy (MOA 5 shot groups in my book), I've built two AR lowers and used PSA uppers to complete, both shot MOA groups. A Bushmaster Predator shot sub MOA out of the box. This was a 5 shot sight in target and my hunting partner sat down and shot a mirror image 5 shots which would have overlapped my group.
1716081338011.jpeg

and a Dtech 243 WSSM did the same. Shot the 3 shots, moved up 1/2 MOA and shot third shot hitting POA. So don't sell the AR's too short.:D
1716081244103.jpeg

Last edited:
Back