May 7 coyote

Spurchaser

My son and I went out Tuesday night about 10ish.
First stand produced nothing and after 40min we called it and moved to stand #2.
I started the stand like I did the first, howls produced nothing. Then went to fights and nothing. Then went to pup sounds. I swear it hadn’t been playing 2 minutes and my son spots a coyote. By the time I started the video he’d stopped and I thought about a shot but figured he’d come on in.
The field is set the caller in was too thick and I didn’t think he’d hit it, it thought we had a shot with the burn on the other side of it. Through the thermal it looked good.
This is the only video I got and it was literally several minutes before he showed up.
We’d about given up as we were scanning like crazy and then my son whispers, “You sly devil” and pulled the trigger facing a good 90 degrees to his left!
That coyote ran the entire road he was on until it hit the road we were off of that was probably 300yds down from us.
He then took the road and was at 85yds and had just rounded the corner when my son shot. He was probably within 10yds of catching our scent.
Here’s a video of a brief glimpse of him…

I would post a pic but there’s quite a bit of blood and not sure about the pics allowed on here.

Back