Blonde coyotes

Aham77

New member
Most of my coyotes are regular coyotes but this is my third blonde. Anybody in NJ run into color phase coyotes?
 

Attachments

  • 632BE3E1-3F26-4BEC-92E6-5631AA12A28B.jpeg
    632BE3E1-3F26-4BEC-92E6-5631AA12A28B.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 64
Central NY. I have killed one blond phase. Most are just your everyday coyote colors. I have killed some darker phase (not black) from a certain area, but they're fur is always very coarse and blown out. I have seen one that was the most beautiful red phase that I never got a crack at with a gun in hand. Always hoping to see one of it's descendants!
 
I pulled off of one thinking it was someone's golden retriever. Saw it three more times but never shootable. South of Moses Lake WA
 
You guys that have shot blond coyotes, did you find them easier to call in?:cool:

I had a coyote in my scope after the sun went down, and in a light snow, and just when I was going to shoot, an Irish Setter pops into the scope, so I held off, thinking it was a couple of farm dogs.

Nope, both coyotes, but the one was a very deep red color. Never did get him (her), but I got some of the offspring, and then that line disappeared.
 
Back
Top