Reasons for the 1:14 twist 22-250

Just how far are you guys shooting where you think you need the fast and flat? Out to 300 yards the difference between a 50 grain at 3900fps and a 69 grain at 3400 is .7 inches vs 1.6 inches of drop using Sierra’s conservative numbers and input from my rifle set up. Not enough to make me miss. I’ll take the 30% increase in energy the heavier bullet carries.

You get out beyond that and they both drop off fast enough that you better know your drops or you’ll be missing no matter which one you pick. And once again , I’ll take the energy advantage every time.

Hope I don’t alarm the drama dog! 😄
Well... this was done for science... now I can say ive crossed 4k, and taken out the target. Is it efficient, no. Is it gonna take down a deer, probably not. Is it fun? YES!

For what it's worth, my 22cm can shoot the heavies, and ive found success with the 77tmk. But there is something about sending a little varmit into the afterlife just as fast as possible.
 
Back
Top