Ruger 10 22

I have had atleast a dozen.
Never had any issues, run 100%

20260426_123150.jpg


20260511_150547.jpg
 
The 2 I have are accurate. The rotary mags get gummy once in a while but I spray penetrating oil in them and it frees them up. I put reflex sights on them.
 
First 10/22 I bought was a piece of junk, jammed with every brand of ammo I tried. Couple years ago my mother in law gave me one that belonged to my father in law after he passed. It will eat any ammo I put through it. Restored my faith in the 10/22’s
 
First 10/22 I bought was a piece of junk, jammed with every brand of ammo I tried. Couple years ago my mother in law gave me one that belonged to my father in law after he passed. It will eat any ammo I put through it. Restored my faith in the 10/22’s
Mine have only ever shot whatever bulk pack ammo was cheapest. :) It's easy to burn up a lot of .22 ammo with those things.
 
For sure they do. Rimfires are dirty and leave a lot of gritty crud behind. Once in a while, it might be necessary to not only clean the firearm but also the magazine. I would not spray oil into the interior of any magazine. That will make a nasty sludge that can lead to malfunctions and wear. If a magazine gets wonky, disassemble it, clean thoroughly, dry the parts (they need no lubrication), reassemble, and rock on. There are lots of videos out there on how to pull one apart. Tandemcross has a couple of little tools they sell in a kit for this very purpose.
 
I never knew they came apart.
I can't imagine how many rounds mine had been down the tube before I started having feeding issues YEARS ago. This was well before the internet or YouTube were ever dreamed up. I could tell the magazine was acting a bit sluggish, and being a self proclaimed mechanical genius :LOL: that little piece of plastic and metal didn't seem at all intimidating. It was promptly disassembled, cleaned and reassembled without a hitch and things ran like new after that.
 
Thank you we have quite a black squirrels. That’s the one and only I’ve ever shot.

That is a beautiful squirrel, nice rifle, too. Glad you got your picture posted. I think that is the first black squirrel I've seen??
I had to log out and back in to get the photos to post. Thanks again
 
@hm1996 We have them running around NY for sure. I’ve seen several over the years, but not many. I haven’t ever killed one even though I’ve had a few opportunities to.

My favorite encounter happened while bow hunting deer. I was perched in my climbing tree stand and watched a black squirrel scamper to the base of the tree I was in. It proceeded to climb up the back side of the tree until it got right at eye level. It peeked around the tree and looked me square in the eye for a couple seconds and then came completely unglued! It made a leap for a tree next to me but didn’t make it and hit the ground running! 😂
 
Back
Top