21 coyotes in a week. Confessions of a coyote hunter. Final chapter

I ran out of popcorn but I toughed it out and hung in there, glad I did! Congrats on a stellar week and thank you for sharing with us all.

Congrats on a fantastic week of hunting. I give you a lot of credit for toughing it out in those conditions. Thank you for sharing your adventure and pictures. It was entertaining as usual.

Jerry

Awesome series. I'll definitely agree less crowds when it is as cold as the temps you were posting, I would have a hard time heading out. A couple of weeks ago my first couple stand of the day were in the single digits as well but I managed. Thanks for sharing with us. Cheers.

Enough of this...I think I'll get my camo on!
wink.gif
Thanks, Mike.

I can attest to how cold it was this morning. I was hunting on the river and it went from no snow to dumping almost a foot in two hours. Unfortunately it was just seconds after I filled my elk tag, I couldnt see 20 yards, my eyes were freezing shut trying to ride up out of the bottom severely and the snow was hitting my eyes so hard I just couldnt see. I have never been afraid that I was in serious trouble till today. by the time I got to the truck my hands were so cold it took 20 minutes with the heater on them and pouring warm coffee on them before I could grip the steering wheel.

Chad,

Sounds like the fun went out of that hunt pretty darn fast. This was the wind chill where I was hunting on Saturday. I don't get very far from the truck in these conditions as things can get serious in a hurry. I'm glad you got an elk and got out safe too.

Thank you for such a fun read...preparation for a trip like that was key, and you've helped me with some ideas for how to get ready for one.

Great pictures too!

Reminded me of the old cliff hanger stories we had as kids. Just couldn't wait for the next story. Good job! To a life long Central Texan, I got to say BURR! I would be a Popsicle.

Ninehorses, I'm a Texan too, born in Amarillo. One's blood does thicken, you just have to give it a chance. The hardest part for me living in the north country is the people up here talk funny.
w00t.gif

Thanks for sharing Mike. I know that these write ups take a lot of time and effort to put together and they are appreciated. If you ever make it to the eastern edge of our great state you are welcome at my campfire anytime.

Back