.22-243 AI

DaveG

I'm dying to build one, but can't find any info on powders min & max loads etc. I'm going to shoot the heavier 68+ grain bullets. If anyone has any info, I'd appreciate it.

Ive got one its a Savage 12BVSS SSS did the barreled action friend did the Richards stock. Just got it going finished fireforming did some load development as of now using 42grains of H4350 75grain AMAX Lapua brass I used starting loads of the 22-243 middlestead couldnt find 22-243AI. 3412FPS sub 1/4inch from 100yds. Just moved out to 600 3 1/2inch group.

I was planning on building one for my last project until I spoke with hart about the round. He likes the 22-243 but said unless you can afford to rebarrel about every 500-600 rounds build something else. I went with the 243 AI and could not be happier for a coyote gun.

Quote:
Ive got one its a Savage 12BVSS SSS did the barreled action friend did the Richards stock. Just got it going finished fireforming did some load development as of now using 42grains of H4350 75grain AMAX Lapua brass I used starting loads of the 22-243 middlestead couldnt find 22-243AI. 3412FPS sub 1/4inch from 100yds. Just moved out to 600 3 1/2inch group.

HI EDDIE

QUESTION? WHAT TWIST BARREL ARE YOU USING?

BY THE WAY, I'VE BEEN MEANING TO MENTION THIS BUT ACKLEY NEVER DID A CONVERSION ON THOSE PARAMETERS. THATS WHY NOBODY FOUND ANY THING ON IT.

If you are only going to shoot coyotes or other targets where you don't get many shots, 500 rounds is a reasonable barrel life. It will last for years. This is assuming you don't waste too many shots working up loads or sighting in scopes etc.

Don't even think about using it for colony varmints as you can trash it in a day or two.

It all boils down to how much do you shoot? How long will 500 rounds last you?

Jack

Back