25-06 Remington Sendero -OR- 700 Long Range?

I am tempted to lean towards the Sendero simply because I have a couple of the 700VS rifles and have had such good luck with them, they are basically the same rifle just a SA/LA.

One thing to consider here is the fact that the internet is plastered with stuff about the Sendero's
abiliy to shoot 1/2" groups all day long, remember when you get tired of the gun in a few years there will be a huge audience wanting to buy the Sendero, the LR on the other hand will probably be a lot harder to move............... Stainless guns with fluted barrels and fancy bolts and all the bells and whistles are what folks are buying. Not saying it would shoot that much better, just that it would sell a lot better. I have a plain jane M700 CDS in stainless in 25/06 I use exclusively for coyote hunting over a 300 yd bait for nite shooting only , I only avg 6/8 coyotes a winter, so did NOT want to invest a ton of money in a gun just for that purpose. However if I had a use for that sorta gun and was going to be shooting it all the time at paper, I would just have bought a Sendero and got it over with. Good Luck and I hope you get a good one no mater which one you buy!
E

Savage Long Range Hunter. Had one and regularly shot .500-,600 with minimal load work-up.

Last Sendero I saw was a 7mm Mag that did 2" on a good day. Gun was rebarreled w a customsince and elk hunt was coming up within 3 weeks and still in a fight w Remmy to get a partial reimbursement for new barrel.

Original barrel was rougher than a gators hide.

I prefer the 6.5 over the 25 for distance shooting
Originally Posted By: AZ RONUPDATE:

I decided to go with some of your guys' advice and i picked up a SS Remington LA with a .470" bolt face for $360. I'm probably going to take it down to Bruno here in Phoenix and get one of his in stock Krieger barrels. He has ".25 caliber" barrels and "6.5mm" barrels. Both of these have a diameter of .256" so I'm assuming they're both usable for a 25-06 build. The question is twist rate. The 6.5mm barrels come in 1-8.5" and the .25 caliber barrels come in 1-10" twist. Opinions? Advice? Experiences? All is welcome as always!

Thanks,

Ron

Originally Posted By: MoYoBomberSavage Long Range Hunter. Had one and regularly shot .500-,600 with minimal load work-up.

Last Sendero I saw was a 7mm Mag that did 2" on a good day. Gun was rebarreled w a customsince and elk hunt was coming up within 3 weeks and still in a fight w Remmy to get a partial reimbursement for new barrel.

Original barrel was rougher than a gators hide. i shot my 6.5 on wednesday .174". 7mm mag wednesday and today. .374", .469". .

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 25 Whelenremember when you get tired of the gun in a few years there will be a huge audience wanting to buy the Sendero, the LR on the other hand will probably be a lot harder to move............... Stainless guns with fluted barrels and fancy bolts and all the bells and whistles are what folks are buying.

I'd have to argue with this statement. to each his own, but I think the opposite. For half the price I think the long range would be an easier sell. not to mention, you could part it out and nearly break even. $250 stock, $40 factory trigger, barreled action $350, bottom metal $50 you're at more than you paid for the rifle as it is.

Last edited:
Value and resale down the road? Who knows. Senderos were going crazy in 25-06 a while back. I picked up a matte black early model for a good price then and felt pretty lucky. If I had to pick now, and could afford the stainless fluted model I would go that route.

It sounds like your planning to hunt with it but I can tell you I much rather hunt with my CDL 25-06 any day. So you could just about by the Long Range model and a sporter for what you sink in a new Sendero.

Back