260 Rem F-class/tactical...............

2MG, Did you use to shoot the Varminter Biathlon at WSC back in the mid 90's? If so is that still going on? Father in law and I use to have a blast shooting in them matches. Now I have some young boys that I would like to get into some fun matches like that. Very nice build!!!
thumbup.gif
I rememeber one of the first rifles Karl brought to the range and it was a piece of art. It was his own .25 cal wildcat, can't remember what he named it. RR

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeDang Ken,
That's sweet ! Plenty of power on the scope too.

Your rig is gonna make my build look like a youth model.
wink.gif

You gonna put training wheels on it?
laugh.gif

Jeff--Are you going with the heavy or light 260 build?

Tim---you never really told me anything about what you have up your sleeve. Are we talking 223AI or another?

Cole---I like the finish so far. It doesn't really seem to be anything special, finish wise. Just a matte black. Hopefully it works as advertised. What blue print you going with on your build?

RR---I have only been shooting at WSC for 3 years now. The matches you speak of are still going on, as well as 600yd prone "singles" matches. Karl was the one who sponsored my membership. The wildcat he shoots is called the 25-06 Kampfeld. It is just a 25-06 with a 30° improved shoulder. Would love to see some more of the local members come out. Any time you are interested, let me know. Is this the gun you saw? It is a trued/sleeved 700 in an A3 with I believe was still a polished Krieger in the pic. It originally had a Krieger, anyway. He has had 2-3 different Broughton tubes on it lately......

100_0352.jpg

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeDang Ken,
That's sweet ! Plenty of power on the scope too.

Your rig is gonna make my build look like a youth model.
wink.gif

You gonna put training wheels on it?
laugh.gif

lol.gif
lol.gif
....Maybe..
unsure.gif
laugh.gif

Ken,

The current project is a varmint countour .223 AI.

McM A-5
PN 8 twist
Jewell
NF
cool.gif

Figured the 223AI would be a good trainer cal for some longer stuff AND I can use it on pdogs too. If I have time and want to get more involved ,I'll do a larger cal later.

BTW... We got nice Red is AM...grins

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunJeff--Are you going with the heavy or light 260 build?

Tim---you never really told me anything about what you have up your sleeve. Are we talking 223AI or another?

Cole---I like the finish so far. It doesn't really seem to be anything special, finish wise. Just a matte black. Hopefully it works as advertised. What blue print you going with on your build?

RR---I have only been shooting at WSC for 3 years now. The matches you speak of are still going on, as well as 600yd prone "singles" matches. Karl was the one who sponsored my membership. The wildcat he shoots is called the 25-06 Kampfeld. It is just a 25-06 with a 30° improved shoulder. Would love to see some more of the local members come out. Any time you are interested, let me know. Is this the gun you saw? It is a trued/sleeved 700 in an A3 with I believe was still a polished Krieger in the pic. It originally had a Krieger, anyway. He has had 2-3 different Broughton tubes on it lately......

100_0352.jpg

Thats the one!! Tell Karl Stace said hey next time you see him.. RR

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunJeff--Are you going with the heavy or light 260 build?

2mg,
I'm getting a #3 Bartlein in my Manners SL stock, so I guess it'll be more towards the light side for hunting. The NF will probably put it quite a bit over 8# though.
The next one will be a big barrel in a T stock probably.
thumbup1.gif

Hey, 2MG you said your work schedule was going to be very busy. I could help you out. Box that beauty up and ship it up north I'll work on some load development, and when you have more time on your hands I'll send it back
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 2muchgunPretty sure I have an idea as to who will be slapping it together. Is the action trued?

You proly know who it is.
wink.gif
Few years back I had my first custom barrel screwed on. It shot good but, didn't like the stock after awhile, so I'm parting it out and having a diff barrel put on. Yes the previous project it was lapped and squared. Going next week to have the barrel pulled.

2M,
I'm just replacing the barrel on my 700VS clone (with Kreiger 1-8"; no flutes this time). Even going back with Remington’s varmint contour. Thinking real hard about replacing the stock with an A-3, just haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet. Still trying to think of some ungodly awful color scheme
bored.gif

700VS are usually some really good shooting rifles. I see a lot of guys run them and the VLS in factory class shoots.

I have a H-S PST-025(adjustable cheek and butt) for sale if you are interested I'll give you a good deal. It has my SPSV bedded in it. Only reason I'm getting rid of it is because it is heavy, and I already have 2 heavy guns. It is more of a LR varminter or F-class type stock than one you carry in the field..........

Thanks but I don't need a heavy stock. The rifle I'm rebarrelling is a the 6br I actually carry into the woods. It weighs enough already with the heavy azz nightforce that's on it. Thanks for the offer though. Let us know how the 260 shoots!

Same problem I have. I am already thinking of ditching the NF 3.5-15x50, may just be too heavy for a huntin' rifle. I ordered an A3 for it also. Black/yellow much like your stock. I have wanted a black/yellow for some time now. Years actually. Seeing yours and another that Karl slapped a Borden action into recently, put me over the top.......

Back