4000 yd sniper rifle

Originally Posted By: cbass16Originally Posted By: TnslimCbass, it's nice and all that but how is it on fur? haha, Well, it's a solid bullet so first thoughts would be that it might be awful fur friendly...but I'm guessing that they hydrostatic shock on coyote size critters would cause it to simply pop like a pdog. I'd still love to see it happen, but good luck finding optics that allow you to find a coyote at 5000m. A USO SN-9 10x42x80 might get you close.

Originally Posted By: HereticCorrect me if I'm wrong but isn't the record for a sniper kill in today's conflict 1.58 miles? That's about 7000 ft. CheyTac M200 .408 if I remember correctly.

Just wondering... close...It was two kills with an Accuracy International 338 LM at 8,120 feet and that equates to about 1.54 miles, but I don't want to split hairs lol.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyThere have been some reports of a longer kill, but the record is held by Rob Furlong a Canadian sniper who used U.S. manufactured ammo in a McMillan Tac50. He credits the hotter U.S. ammo to the length of the kill.
Chupa
That was broken last year.

Thanks, gents!

The video is awesome...but it's not really talking about the top sniper CALIBER per say. Its talking about the top sniper SYSTEM. The M200 Intervention wins hands down because it's a total sniper system rather than just a gun or just a bullet.

I think personally that the .408 is superb anyway, but many folks in the long range and I mean "LONG" range are talking up the the .375CT even more.

Back