6.8SPC-based 6mm Wildcats

I called Manson and asked about anything they might have for 6.8 SPC necked down to 6mm. They said they had one custom reamer done for someone before, not knowing if his specs are the same as what I need, they said they would draw up a new print and a quote and send it to me. Poof, we "invented" a cartridge.

Originally Posted By: GLShooterAs Ritch said they are not a listed item. Ask for the 6MM Remington SPC. Last I heard they had some on the shelf.
Greg

Yep, just ordered one from Dave,,,, (deeper & deeper..)

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlOriginally Posted By: GLShooterAs Ritch said they are not a listed item. Ask for the 6MM Remington SPC. Last I heard they had some on the shelf.
Greg

Yep, just ordered one from Dave,,,, (deeper & deeper..)

Did they have them in stock?

I was the guy that sent them the reamer print..LOL I believe I'll call him about my needs today.

Greg

Yes, he said they run them in batches ..
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlYes, he said they run them in batches ..
thumbup1.gif

That first batch took a long time. I'm glad they are selling them that frequently. Makes a guy feel good about helping on some projects. I know I put more than a few bullets down the range in tandem with Ritch and one heck of a long time on phone calls with all the principals.

Greg

Only had my 6x6.8 a couple months but love it so far. There is a lot of good info out there, but Ritch built mine and has been a great resource for me. Great Service, Great Caliber

Got everything for a 6x6.8 AR except the BHW barrel, so formed up a couple new Hornady cases in 6x6.8 FL die.
They look good in a 6.8 Wilson gauge. Have ASC 6.8 mags.
Thought I'd load some test rounds, 75 gr VMAX, 28.5 gr 8208, CCI BR4 primers, COL 2.280".
These will be used for AR function with the chrono.
Does this sound like a reasonable medium load ? (don't like to start too light)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bob_AtlThanks Greg, will do, guess I'm a little impatient..
Like the shape of a formed 6x6.8 cartridge vs 6x45, looks stout!

Remember even Arnold was a 98 pound weakling.. once.

Greg

Originally Posted By: venaticSince you asked about a reamer print for a 6mm SPC variant I thought this post may be of some interest.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...761#Post2687761

Thanks. The more posts I read by Mike Milli at Dtech, the more impressed I am with him as a class act. I'm not looking to spill the beans on Ritch's/PTG's proprietary 6-6.8, I'm just looking for a caliber suited to what I want to do from a toolmaker I can get support from if it were to be needed.

Back