64 coyotes and my season is done.

mikegranger

No, I haven't killed 52 coyotes on this hunt but I am on my last coyote hunting trip of the year. I'm taking off all next week and hopefully end the season with a bang.

Bubba got to play with these guys this morning.

Now this is how to celebrate Valentines Day!
wub.gif
I'm all heart.
tt1.gif

Oh, and these are 51&52 coyotes for the year.
thumbup.gif

Nice job -- Have a good week coming up -
look for me on the North side of those steel post next week
may be we could have a frozen sandwich out there on the border land together
looks like decent temps coming will watch for ur report

Great story and pictures, Mike. Your comment about Rich Cronk and his howler touched me as deep as possible. Rich was a great guy and one heck of a call maker. He made me a small buffalo horn howler that is a sweet singer. I miss having him around and that's a fact.

I agree Al. He made a mighty fine howler. I have two of his howlers. This one is my favorite. He made it "special" for me in 2006. I've lost count of the coyotes that have died coming to it.

It was a good day. Got 6 and Bubba got in a pretty fierce scrap with a runner.

We chased this one a mile. Winds were 15mph+ today which made hitting them in the right spot difficult.

Here's a pair that came in hard when they saw Bubba.

Bubba was in the box for the last stand of the day. This female couldn't resist a few lonesome howls.

Great pictures, Mike. Old Bubba looks like he had about all the fun he could handle. I believe Rich was just finishing up that howler for you when I visited him. He had just finished a special Killer Call for Cal Taylor just before I got there. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

The coyote and him went at it several time. He'll have a few scars from that tangle. I couldn't risk taking a shot when Bubba was baying in open country. Just too much wind and when I would get within 300 yards the coyote would run. Bubba finally bayed him in the creek, next to a cut bank that I could hide behind to get closer. It was pretty darn western!

Great pics. and stories Mike! Nice looking coyotes too! The Cronk howlers have been responsible for many a fallen coyote. Rich was a great guy to deal with!
Bubba sure puts in a full effort, great dog and they truly do become man's best friend
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Back