6XC or 243

Some of the new/newer powders are doing really cool things, with regard to increased FPS but keep in mind, none of them can perform miracles and if it sounds to good to be true, well, chances are it is.

I have both.
6XC.
Go with a 7.5 twist.
An 8T will work fine too.
Originally Posted By: Cajohn7I am re barreling a 243 I have. And wondering if anyone has has experience with both. It will be an 1-8 twist so I can shoot longer and heavier bullets. Current barrel is a factory 1-10 twist. Will primaraly used for hunting coyotes and deer. And hopefully some steel. I do not see competing with it anytime soon. I do reload and I see Norma makes 6XC brass. I have been reloading for the 243 already. I have to stay with. 6mm since I have a can for it on the way.

For those of you loading the 6XC. Where can I find a good source of load data? I have been looking online but I haven't found much.

A load that works really well in most 6XC's is 38.5 H-4350, (I use a Fed. match primer) with a 105/107.
I use 38.0 grain of H-4350 with a 105 Hybrid in another 6XC.
Both shoot lights out.

Originally Posted By: Cajohn7For those of you loading the 6XC. Where can I find a good source of load data? I have been looking online but I haven't found much.

Originally Posted By: xphunterOriginally Posted By: 1badsheeAdd the 6mm creedmoor.

Agreed. Just prefer the XC because of the better brass

My reason for the x47Lapua option.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: xphunterOriginally Posted By: 1badsheeAdd the 6mm creedmoor.

Agreed. Just prefer the XC because of the better brass

My reason for the x47Lapua option.

Yup.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: B23Some of the new/newer powders are doing really cool things, with regard to increased FPS but keep in mind, none of them can perform miracles and if it sounds to good to be true, well, chances are it is.

I noticed mine came with pixie dust sprinkled on top
cool.gif

aa0b052cb385028aaec3a4408cb67465.jpg

Back