7 DAYS UNTIL DOG TOWN COLORADO

Thatr would sure 'nough work for me! Sounds like greeat shooting and some excellent firearms! Wish I had the dough for a trip this year. Oh well, maybe next year.... Congrats, Eurosport!

tt

Originally Posted By: eurosport All of my normal dogtowns had people shooting on them. Most ranches are being leased by outfitters. This is all new to the PD towns. Bob

Yes, we have had a lot of outfitters from bigger lease a lot of land around us. Good thing we still have good some farmers around here that tell them to stick it and get the F@#k out here!
tongue.gif

I had one ranch that had outfitter paying landowner when I got there. Rancher told me which area to go to. The outfitter was standing there at that time. Next day we went to "our" field. Three shooting tables, umbrellas and coolers were piled at the gate. Nothing but dead dogs everywhere. That outfitter knew I was going there and ran his guys through in the morning. Really nice! I will cross paths with him again. Next time I'll be the one on top!!

The Sunday I did shoot 550 dogs I had three triples. That was the first time I ever got more than one triple in a trip. Stopped counting the doubles. Pups were very small and plentiful. Bob

Bob, Sorry to hear you ran into that type of situation... I certainly hope that 'outfitter' hasn't contracted with the three ranches where we usually go...I've been trying to reach our contact off and on, but will get a little more intense about making the call before driving out there...

Unfortunately it looks like the way of the very near future. In the small town everyone knew we were prairie dog hunting. People 5 years ago looked at you like you were stupid. Now enough people coming through due to outfitters it is common. Bob

Back