Abortion----Politics

Quote:
Again, communion is a Catholic thing I think. But Obviously I'm not one for organized religion so I don't know.

You are right here also.I believe some others give communion also but I'm not sure myself.To me its the greatest gift in the world to be able to recieve the body and blood of Jesus Christ who was crusified so that each and everyone of us can be saved.He died for us.Do yourself a favor sometime and watch the Passion of Christ.The best thing of all is God is waiting for us to turn to him.Each and every one of us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Again, communion is a Catholic thing I think. But Obviously I'm not one for organized religion so I don't know.

You are right here also.I believe some others give communion also but I'm not sure myself.To me its the greatest gift in the world to be able to recieve the body and blood of Jesus Christ who was crusified so that each and everyone of us can be saved.He died for us.Do yourself a favor sometime and watch the Passion of Christ.The best thing of all is God is waiting for us to turn to him.Each and every one of us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Bruce,

We sound like we have a different belief or two from one another, however this right here hits the nail square on the head! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Once one has this basis, which is the belief that redemption is only found in the saving grace of Jesus Christ, all the rest is semantics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

BTW, Passion of the Christ is in my mind the greatest movie ever made. Not only the story it tells, but the cinamatography is unbelievable. Mel Gibson may have a few demons that he fights, but his portrayal of the crucifiction is unbelievable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bruce,

We sound like we have a different belief or two from one another, however this right here hits the nail square on the head! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Once one has this basis, which is the belief that redemption is only found in the saving grace of Jesus Christ, all the rest is semantics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

BTW, Passion of the Christ is in my mind the greatest movie ever made. Not only the story it tells, but the cinamatography is unbelievable. Mel Gibson may have a few demons that he fights, but his portrayal of the crucifiction is unbelievable. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

With so many of you that are so strongly against abortion I assume you would be in favor of measures that would reduce the number of abortions. So how many of you are in favor of comprehensive and through sex education? If unwanted pregnancies are stopped before they happen that’s a win win for all involved. Better access to contraceptives would also be a big help. The morning after pill could be very useful now that the FDA has made it over the counter. For those of you that are troubled by the how the procedure is done might find comfort in the use of RU486 or similar medications. The question is how bad do you want to reduce abortions?

Quote:
Why must one go through the church to confess to Jesus?

Good question jwp. That's not in my Bible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
With so many of you that are so strongly against abortion I assume you would be in favor of measures that would reduce the number of abortions. So how many of you are in favor of comprehensive and through sex education? If unwanted pregnancies are stopped before they happen that’s a win win for all involved. Better access to contraceptives would also be a big help. The morning after pill could be very useful now that the FDA has made it over the counter. For those of you that are troubled by the how the procedure is done might find comfort in the use of RU486 or similar medications. The question is how bad do you want to reduce abortions?

How about no sex before marriage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Why must one go through the church to confess to Jesus?

Good question jwp. That's not in my Bible. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Like I said not all religions have confessions.

Quote:
Quote:
Isn't confession to a priest a Catholic thing? I don't believe all Christian churches require confession to a priest.

You are right about that as not all churches require or even have confession.To me its one of the greatest gifts given by the Catholic church or any church giving it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Why should I have to confess my sins to a man who is a sinner himself? How can a man who is also a sinner forgive my sins? That just does not add up. Eliminate the middleman and go straight to the sinless One and the only One who can forgive sin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Quote:
Quote:

How about no sex before marriage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

That works EVERY time it's tried. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Rimmy, the so-called "morning after pill" is nothing more than a human pesticide. It may eliminate unpleasantries such as arms and legs falling on the floor and sucked out brains and the screaming and thrashing of a helpless little one but the result is STILL a dead baby.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why should I have to confess my sins to a man who is a sinner himself? How can a man who is also a sinner forgive my sins? That just does not add up. Eliminate the middleman and go straight to the sinless One and the only One who can forgive sin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Your confessing your sins to God through the priest not to the priest himself.The priest is not forgiving your sins.God is.

It's a great ideal. The reality is that people being what they are, most of them are having sex before they get married. So far as I can tell, they've done so through most of history.

Actually it worked just fine before the days of free love and if it feels good just do it. Oh, and if you happen to get knocked up don't worry because we have a "legal procedure" that will take care of that little annoyance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Not looking for an argument, but does a priest have a special line of communication to God that I don't have?

I'm not looking for an argument either.Just trying to give honest answers.When it comes to confession YEP.It is the way that God has it set up.Why I don't know, maybe to make it so people will have a harder time to sin if they have to state it before God through another person that God has chosen to hear that through.

Quote:
Rimmy, the so-called "morning after pill" is nothing more than a human pesticide. It may eliminate unpleasantries such as arms and legs falling on the floor and sucked out brains and the screaming and thrashing of a helpless little one but the result is STILL a dead baby.

Here’s what they are and how they work
Emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs)—sometimes simply referred to as emergency contraceptives (ECs) or the "morning-after pill"—are drugs that act both to prevent ovulation or fertilization and possibly post-fertilization implantation of a blastocyst (embryo). ECPs are distinct from medical abortion methods that act after implantation.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_after_pill

No ovulation or fertilization or even no implantation = no baby

Quote:
Actually it worked just fine before the days of free love and if it feels good just do it. Oh, and if you happen to get knocked up don't worry because we have a "legal procedure" that will take care of that little annoyance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I was a pre-teen in those days and things weren’t fine. Fear of an unwanted pregnancy was a constant issue but it didn’t stop sex. It did cause a lot of very unhappy forced marriages. Safe and simple birth control is one of the greatest advancements of all times; as much for married couples as it is for single people. Now the free-love days …. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Quote:
Quote:

Here’s what they are and how they work
Emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs)—sometimes simply referred to as emergency contraceptives (ECs) or the "morning-after pill"—are drugs that act both to prevent ovulation or fertilization and possibly post-fertilization implantation of a blastocyst (embryo). ECPs are distinct from medical abortion methods that act after implantation.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_after_pill

No ovulation or fertilization or even no implantation = no baby

Not true actually the pill aborts the fertilized start of a human life.Just common scense will tell you by the morning after, the egg has already been fertilized and started a human life.

Quote:

Are yo saying pre-marital sex or sex out of wedlock is something that started in the 60's. I'm pretty sure it has been going on since Before Christ. Certainly since the 1400's. so don't shake your head at us.

Back