Another member banned from PM........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Anybody want to explain why they would rather discuss politics here, on PREDATOR Masters, a HUNTING type board, rather than a POLITICAL type board??

If thats the case the the Humor and Member Clubhouse forums can go also. The Trapping section can go because this is a hunting type board. If this is a predator hunting only board then the Big Game, Bird, and Varmint forums can go too.

As has already been well said above politics bleeds into everybodys life right wrong or otherwise. It is a topic only second to the weather in discussion and it effects everything we all do including hunting.

The way I look at it is that nobody is forcing anybody to look at it. If a person prefers just discussing predator hunting then it is very easy to just stay in that forum only.

Quote:
Quote:

Anybody want to explain why they would rather discuss politics here, on PREDATOR Masters, a HUNTING type board, rather than a POLITICAL type board??

If this is a predator hunting only board then the Big Game, Bird, and Varmint forums can go too.

I.O.N. Doyle. I caught ya sleeping on that one buddy. I said HUNTING board. Not *predator* hunting board. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I agree with about everything you said though. I think I just need to get out and call a coyote or two. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If this is a predator hunting only board then the Big Game, Bird, and Varmint forums can go too.

I.O.N. Doyle. I caught ya sleeping on that one buddy. I said HUNTING board. Not *predator* hunting board. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

It's cool. I know what you meant by that, that is why I said "if" it is a predator only hunting board as the name implys. Just using it as an example of how far it could be taken. But that makes two of us that need to get out and blow on the call a little more. To be honest all of this becomes a little trivial for me as my sister in law has been staying with me long enough now that I may go out and bunk with the coyotes> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I myself am glad we have the church, it is a constant reminder that I am not the only one who believes what is right and what is wrong with this crazy world! If all you watched or listen to was the t.v. news, you would have thought you were all alone in your beliefs! And that is what they want you to think!

I would think that a moderator may not be able to read my PM's but I'm willing to bet that anyone with administrater status can.

UBB Threads, which is the forum software they use, has a function in the back that allows administrators to "Become this member" with the click of a button.

I suppose the Admin.would deny this

Quote:
UBB Threads, which is the forum software they use, has a function in the back that allows administrators to "Become this member" with the click of a button.

Hey Stu, If you ever "Become Me", would you go ahead and log into my on-line bill pay and pay a few of my bills? Pretty sure if you "Become Me" you'd chalk it up to a big mistake in short order! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:

thats darn scary right there. kinjda like the gubment being able to listen in on our phone calls at will. if this is a true statement then this place is under obama rule and he is not even elected yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

As a new member, I am a little uncomfortable knowing my Private Messages could be read.
Also, There is not freedom of speech on here?
I am a little lost here....someone help me out.

Quote:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Sure, that can be done. It requires access to the control panel, which is a VERY short list of people. If any on that list were to do so, they would be removed from their position and banned from PM entirely.

As for freedom of speech, yes & no. This is a site owned & operated by a group of people. There are rules as specified in the TOS. You do not have free speech to to use profanity, explicit sexual language or images, or other things for example. It is a moderated board, by the intent & design of the founder. So no, you do not have unlimited license to say anything you want to here.

Quote:
As a new member, I am a little uncomfortable knowing my Private Messages could be read.

That also concerns me as a new member. So maybe it should be called semi-private message?

I would like to know more about how this works.

Quote:

So do the T.O.S. apply to "private messages"? Or would you be banned for something you say in those too that was meant solely for a specific person? I don't mean personal attacks, just conversation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
Sure, that can be done. It requires access to the control panel, which is a VERY short list of people. If any on that list were to do so, they would be removed from their position and banned from PM entirely.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Come on Stu get real, admin would be banned for something that could not be proven???

it bothers me as well smackem. freedom of speech is ok here as long as you leave foxpro alone while you are bashing minaska or wildlife technologies. as far as the administration reading private messages here goes the way i see it. i hope they read something in one of them they dont like. it serves them right for reading a PRIVATE message. the only thing public is what is out on here. a private message is just that private and is none of their business. that is how a crook acts when he thinks he is being misled and ive seen my share of those. hth

Quote:

Saw you post after I had written mine, Thank you for the response.
You say VERY short list, can you list who can do this?
You also say IF they do this then they will be removed, am I to believe that this has NEVER been done and will never be done? If so, why have the option?

The option is built into the software, it's a standard function. I'm webmaster, I have such access. I have never read anyone else's PM's. I'm not sure right now exactly who can access the control panel but at most it might total 5 people. Probably less. I'd have to dig around to say for sure & don't see any reason to do so at this time. I suppose there might be an extraordinary circumstance that would call for it, say if a member is having a serious problem with another member and specifically asked us to look at his inbox, or can't get to his inbox & wants someone to trouble shoot it. But I've never had such a request. If anyone else has they have not mentioned it to me.

so as long as that very short list of people are all in cahoots with one another youre saying it would be ok because they would all defend each other?

Sometimes I PM myself so when they "Become Me" they are having a conversation with themselves and the jokes on them.Hahahahahhahhahahahahhah. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Geesh...Paranoia anyone?

why couldnt that member just copy and paste the messages into a private message to the administrator instead of them going in and snooping around at evry message in there? wouldnt;t that be a better way to go about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back