Any 223/556 showing up on the shelves yet?

Academy had some yesterday afternoon. Probably 20 boxes of Russian stuff and about a dozen boxes of Winchester 55 grain. They also had 9mm and .40. The manager said it was the best week for ammo shipments since it all began. Bad thing was he chuckled when I asked about .22. The Winchester 55's were $21.

Of the 1000 questions I get asked on a daily basis, 999 of them are "Do you have any ammo hidden back there?". So don't be surprised when I sarcastically say "only what I'm saving for myself and friends."

Chupa

Every store I went into this weekend had ample stock of FMJ ammo. And quite a few had various varmint type loads. This was in Northern Utah.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Every store I went into this weekend had ample stock of FMJ ammo. And quite a few had various varmint type loads. This was in Northern Utah.
Why does UT seem to have all the ammo in the country? Are you Utah boys planning something?...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Every store I went into this weekend had ample stock of FMJ ammo. And quite a few had various varmint type loads. This was in Northern Utah.

Same for here, we never did really run out of everything, did have to wait for about a week in Feb. for a shipment of Benchmark. Just bought 600 60gr V-Max's at Scheels today for $18.50 a box.

Local shop here in town has lots of .308 bullets, from 155 Palma's(The new 56's, not the old 55's) several 168's and a few 175 bergers.

Just made it back to boise, think they had 10 boxes of over priced 5.56. Guy said that they are getting a decent ammount of ammo and components but they sell it within the first hour of opening

The local store had 25+ ARs all priced 25-50 bucks more then they were. So thats not bad. Also had several thousand rounds of 223 all priced good for hunting ammo

clerk at Academy in San Antonio said they had to run two guys off the other day because the had set up a tent to be first in line for the daily ammo shipment. Not much change here in So-Tex, not much of anything on the self more than a couple minutes. Its fun to watch the people at the Cabela's in Buda, standing room only around the ammo and people just cruising like sharks waiting for the ammo to be put out. The little shark tank there is full all day everyday.

Originally Posted By: mutthunterCan anyone explain why there's a ton in some places, and none at all in others(with none on the way, according too the local guy)?

Easy...there are more hoarders in certain areas.
smile.gif

When gas hits 20.00 a gallon next week the hoarders will not be able to afford to hoard as much.
smile.gif

Regarding ammo, y'all should stay tuned to gunbot.net

Great filter site that shows what's in stock where an price per round. I'm on it constantly.

Also if anyone can help me out and post this were it belongs, I'm on my fone and can't find the appropriate thread

"Rra coyote rifle length upper in stock at joebobs.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rock_River_Arms_20_Coyote_Complete_Upper_AR0585_p/rra-ar0585.htm

Just incase anyone is looking at a non gauged price for a complete upper

I was at Cabelas in Owatonna today and they had about thirty 50 round boxes of Fiocchi vmax 50gr for $26 a box. They also had a ton of cheap herters hollow points for $7 a box.
I even seen some 9mm and 40s&w!

Finally found some fmj 55gr on the shelf, $8.99 a box. They had a couple boxes of Hornady varmints, but they wanted $25 a box. It was $17.99 before the sh%$ storm, I hate friggin gougers! Still no 22lr around here though.

Got a 50 count box of Hornady 55 sp .223 yesterday at Academny for $29.99 (one box limit) yesterday. No .22

This morning they had 6 1000 round packs of .22 and a buch of 50 and 100 round boxes of .22 (1 box limit no matter the round count. About 25 people in line when the store opened. No .45, and 9mm will only 20 round high dollar personal defence stuff and only 15 boxes of that. Had plenty of fmj 9mm yesterday morning, but I guess it all went before the day was over.

Originally Posted By: willy1947
I looked this morning, Able Ammo has a lot of 223 and 556 at pre ban prices.

HUH?? Not hardly.

EVERY .223 ammo price I saw on Able's site was much, much more than it was before the panic.

Just one of many examples-----Fiocchi Rifle Ammunition 223HVB50, 223 Remington, Hornady V-Max Polymer Tip, 40 GR, 3650 fps, 50 Rd/bx
Price: $48.95

That same 50 round box of Fiocchi ammo was running under 30 bucks in the good old days. The good old days being about 120 days ago!

In fact, here's what you could get it for not very long ago.

http://www.midwayusa.com/Product/533596/...v-max-box-of-50

Back