Any hogs in Colorado?

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisI am just a Coyote and Big Game Hunter!

Why would I pay attention to Montrose??

You are perfect in every way and what you DO NOT REALIZE is that Montrose is in SW Colorado, (South West)

I have been talking this entire time about SE - (South East to educated people) you have now made a COMPLETE FOOL of yourself!!!!

I told you what to GOOGLE and yet you chose to take a your own path because of your hatred towards me, and then YOU decide to look up Montrose Colorado!

Genius you are not!

I posted the actual article from the web above, it DOES NOT say anything about wiping out the Feral hogs. Get off PM and then head on over to Montrose Colorado which is in the SW part of the state to get a copy of that article for everybody to wipe their tears from laughing at you!!

As far as CNP? It’s not the end of my world, you can CNP all you want, I will kill stuff and post my stories, you will eventually get over me;-)

Hahahahaaaaaaaaa

You done?

Have you ever heard the expression...
"You should never try to teach a pig to sing,
you'll only waste your time, and make the pig mad."

Yes, I'm done.

laugh.gif

I'm getting reliable reports that there have been pigs in Canada and that ranchers in Montana are up in arms over them. If we don't get some rain in Hall county Texas a bunch are gonna die.

I would like to put FW707’s mind at ease.

I emailed Bob Thompson bright and early this morning and here is the exchange-
FYI- Bob Thompson is a friend of mine, he has put in 40+ years of dedication to the DOW and CPW of Colorado.
He will be retiring at the end of June 2020. Congrats to Bob!

Bob,
Do you recall Feral Hogs being in SE Colorado and then they were wiped out by the 2 Blizzards (December 2006) that went through the area not only burying 10-15k cattle and i am sure numerous other Big Game?

Does this ring a bell?

His Response -

Yes, there were feral hogs in SE Colorado but between the blizzards
and our concerted efforts to eradicate them I have not heard of any
for a few years.

Thanks!
Bob

If you would like to verify please reach out to him. He is now living on the Western side of the state.

I'll add a bit to the SE Colorado pig situation.

Back in 2010, I was hunting Mule Deer on the Pinion Canyon Maneuver Area, a military base near La Junta. While walking through some pinyon juniper, I came across several areas, maybe 100sf each, that looked like they been roto-tilled. No fresh tracks, besides deer, in them. I suspect they were caused by pigs.

I forget the year, maybe 2009-2012, but the Denver Post had an article about wild pigs in SE Colorado, in a December issue, talking about 100-150 wild pigs near Springfield. A month after I read the article, I spoke with a rancher from that area during the January stock show, and he said that there were at least that many in his area.

The rancher told me that 2 adjacent ranches, each 50,000 acres or so, would not let anyone, including DOW, kill the pigs. He thought these 2 ranchers wanted to build the herd in order to sell wild pig hunts.

So, the DOW checkmated the 2 ranchers by outlawing commercial hunting of hogs (from the DOW website-Commercial hunting is also not allowed.) After that, the 2 ranches allowed DOW to fly the ranches and kill the pigs.

Very little tree cover, and flat terrain, on the Eastern Plains makes it somewhat easy to helicopter them, but if they get into the mountains,they'll be here to stay.

Originally Posted By: K-22hornet.I'll add a bit to the SE Colorado pig situation.

Back in 2010, I was hunting Mule Deer on the Pinion Canyon Maneuver Area, a military base near La Junta. While walking through some pinyon juniper, I came across several areas, maybe 100sf each, that looked like they been roto-tilled. No fresh tracks, besides deer, in them. I suspect they were caused by pigs.

I forget the year, maybe 2009-2012, but the Denver Post had an article about wild pigs in SE Colorado, in a December issue, talking about 100-150 wild pigs near Springfield. A month after I read the article, I spoke with a rancher from that area during the January stock show, and he said that there were at least that many in his area.

The rancher told me that 2 adjacent ranches, each 50,000 acres or so, would not let anyone, including DOW, kill the pigs. He thought these 2 ranchers wanted to build the herd in order to sell wild pig hunts.

So, the DOW checkmated the 2 ranchers by outlawing commercial hunting of hogs (from the DOW website-Commercial hunting is also not allowed.) After that, the 2 ranches allowed DOW to fly the ranches and kill the pigs.

Very little tree cover, and flat terrain, on the Eastern Plains makes it somewhat easy to helicopter them, but if they get into the mountains,they'll be here to stay.

Thanks for the addition K-22!

I have hunted Coyotes around Springfield/Comanche Grasslands, didn’t have much luck and definitely didn’t see any sign from Feral Pigs. Comanche Grasslands area is hit pretty hard from what i have heard and chances are i wont be going back down there anytime soon. Pigs or no Pigs:)

I am sure some may have slowly made their made North from Oklahoma back into Colorado, however according to Bob Thompson’s information they have been eradicated for the most part.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisI would like to put FW707’s mind at ease.

FYI- Bob Thompson is a friend of mine, he has put in 40+ years of dedication to the DOW and CPW of Colorado.

Bob,
Do you recall Feral Hogs being in SE Colorado and then they were wiped out by the 2 Blizzards (December 2006) that went through the area not only burying 10-15k cattle and i am sure numerous other Big Game?

Does this ring a bell?

His Response -

for a few years.

Thanks!
Bob

If you would like to verify please reach out to him. He is now living on the Western side of the state.

I appreciate your concern, but I can assure you that I am just fine.

Mr. Thompson’s reply to your email confirms the fact that you are wrong, and you are still an idiot.
But I am beginning to recognize that it is due to ignorance, and probably not intent.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisI would like to put FW707’s mind at ease.

Bob,

Does this ring a bell?

His Response -

for a few years.

Thanks!
Bob

I appreciate your concern, but I can assure you that I am just fine.

Mr. Thompson’s reply to your email confirms the fact that you are wrong, and you are still an idiot.
But I am beginning to recognize that it is due to ignorance, and probably not intent.

You are a complete [beeep] idiot!

Between the Blizzards and our concerted efforts?

Like I said - A non reading, feral, maybe a 3rd grade education retired moderator!

Nothing but a thread derailing retired moderator......it is the best you can be!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisDo the many Great Sponsors on this site know you are an habitual instigator and your main goal is driving long standing members away as well as interrogate them because they cant remember a Persons name from 14+ years ago? A phone conversation you had with a DOW officer about hunting Feral Hogs in SE Colorado?

And HE told you they were wiped out by the same blizzard that buried 10,000-15,000 head of cattle!

FYI - no members, no sponsors, no website!

So Moderators? Is this the site you are so proud of? Having a Douche like FW707 with his continued bashing is really appealing! I am sure the new and old members alike are not impressed with his continued nonsense! The same scumbag that said he was done!

Look at his last 25 posts!! All BS!!! He is a “contributor” to this site?

As a long standing member I don’t appreciate HIM!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisDo the many Great Sponsors on this site know you are an habitual instigator and your main goal is driving long standing members away as well as interrogate them because they cant remember a Persons name from 14+ years ago? A phone conversation you had with a DOW officer about hunting Feral Hogs in SE Colorado?

And HE told you they were wiped out by the same blizzard that buried 10,000-15,000 head of cattle!

So Moderators? Is this the site you are so proud of? Having a Douche like FW707 with his continued bashing is really appealing! I am sure the new and old members alike are not impressed with his continued nonsense! The same scumbag that said he was done!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisAt one time they were in SE Colorado.

They were wiped out by a blizzard with heavy snow a few years back.

Originally Posted By: fw707

Originally Posted By: songdog

These particular feral hogs brought a disease, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS), to a commercial hog facility that was biologically controlled. The disease caused the killing of 6,000 domestic hogs and almost completely destroyed the facility.
The feral hogs were eventually destroyed by the CPW and further measures have been implemented, in an attempt to keep feral hogs from Colorado. Colorado has formed a collation to keep feral hogs away with Kansas, Oklahoma and the United States Department of Agriculture.

Disease and the CPW killed the hogs...
No mention of the hog-killer blizzard..

From the Montrose Press:
https://www.montrosepress.com/news/outdo...c8b6c32224.html

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisDo the many Great Sponsors on this site know you are an habitual instigator and your main goal is driving long standing members away as well as interrogate them because they cant remember a Persons name from 14+ years ago? A phone conversation you had with a DOW officer about hunting Feral Hogs in SE Colorado?

Like I said!!!

They weren’t in Montrose!

So, I guess you are calling me and a 40+ DOW Lead Investigator Liars?

You are stuck on Montrose - it is the opposite corner of Colorado!!

Dumb and only getting dumber!!

Sorry but I can’t fix STUPiD!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisThey weren’t in Montrose!

So you are calling me and a 40+ DOW Lead Investigator Liars?

This quote is from a Montrose newspaper:

“Sand Creek in Kiowa County, in southeastern Colorado, saw an invasion of feral hogs back in 2006. Hogs were showing up rooting in the bar ditches along the highway, and there were several hog vs. vehicle collisions.

These particular feral hogs brought a disease, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS), to a commercial hog facility that was biologically controlled. The disease caused the killing of 6000 domestic hogs and almost completely destroyed the facility.

The feral hogs were eventually destroyed by the CPW and further measures have been implemented, in an attempt to keep feral hogs from Colorado. Colorado has formed a collation to keep feral hogs away with Kansas, Oklahoma and the United States Department of Agriculture.“

Here:

I’ve been giving you the benefit of a doubt by assuming you are simply ignorant.
I’m now reconsidering and assuming that you are simply being intentionally obtuse.
It’s an article in a Montrose newspaper about the hogs in SE Colorado. Can you possibly grasp that idea?

Are you really this dull, or are you just struggling to support a statement you made that all evidence shows to be incorrect?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisThey weren’t in Montrose!

“Sand Creek in Kiowa County, in southeastern Colorado, saw an invasion of feral hogs back in 2006. Hogs were showing up rooting in the bar ditches along the highway, and there were several hog vs. vehicle collisions.

These particular feral hogs brought a disease, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS), to a commercial hog facility that was biologically controlled. The disease caused the killing of 6000 domestic hogs and almost completely destroyed the facility.

The feral hogs were eventually destroyed by the CPW and further measures have been implemented, in an attempt to keep feral hogs from Colorado. Colorado has formed a collation to keep feral hogs away with Kansas, Oklahoma and the United States Department of Agriculture.“

Here:

I’ve been giving you the benefit of a doubt by assuming you are simply ignorant.
I’m now reconsidering and assuming that you are simply being intentionally obtuse.

Are you really this dull, or are you just struggling to support a statement you made that all evidence shows to be incorrect?

Ask your wife! Is she still screaming OOOOOOH Mr. Poppadapolis:)

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisThey weren’t in Montrose!

Here:

Yep, there we go.
You think anything you have said has any credibility now?

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisThey weren’t in Montrose!

Here:

Yep, there we go.

Ask your wife!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisThey weren’t in Montrose!

Here:

Let's make sure that Jewell doesn't get deleted.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisThey weren’t in Montrose!

Here:

Yep, there we go.

Ask your wife!

You have derailed this thread and one other beyond recognition, maybe you should put the crack pipe down, go to bed and wake up bright and early! I like my coffee black and eggs over easy!

PS - is the Sunday paper still placed on the porch? I will take that as well!

For two retired moderators that said BYE you sure have a lot to say!

I know - Thin Blue Line, [beeep]’s Angels, retired Moderators stick together like birds 🐦 of a feather.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisFor two retired moderators that said BYE you sure have a lot to say!

PS- the feral hogs died in SE Colorado, not Montrose!
I know - Thin Blue Line, [beeep]’s Angels, retired Moderators stick together like birds 🐦 of a feather.

All over some Feral Hogs that died in a Blizzard! WOW!!

Say all you want, I know where this is going. Don’t fall in line, pay the price!

I am sure all the other PM members are impressed with the both of you!

Bye bye!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisThey weren’t in Montrose!

Here:

Yep, there we go.

Ask your wife!

Here’s your reply to a comment from another retired member of the PM staff:

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisThank you and greatly appreciated!

So, what I am reading from your post is that anybody that now posts a story/statement it needs to be verified?

Post away Sir!

I’ll be glad to answer your question. The answer is yes-anybody who posts a story/statement on PM needs to be able to verify the facts and details of anything in the post. It’s always been that way.

You post your BS that you can’t support and then throw out insults and pleas for help from Admin, members, and even sponsors.
And then you end the discussions with garbage comments and insults that are barely high-school level.

Back