Anyone use a mouse squeaker?

Originally Posted By: redeyeddawg
The avatar is my other brother Darrell.
Hmm....I don't see a resemblance.
cool.gif

As been said many times above, use it first thing to bring in the close ones and also squeak them in when they stop, use it to let buddies know one is coming in which is quite valuable. Usually have to "woof" to stop them at that point.

As some others have said have brought them in solely using squeaker.
The one problem I have had and heard others say in the past is pocket lint can plug them up making them unreliable at moment of need.

I learned a hard lesson this morning, but it was a good reminder that you can never start a stand too softly...even if there is just a scrap of cover nearby.

My hunting partner and I slipped into a little patch of public land and made a series of "quiet stands" every 400 yards or so. We know there are a number of yotes in this one little corner, so we were taking our time and staying quiet.

Well, on the third stand, I got on my trusty Circe and blew a short, muffled series into my gloved hand. We had a perfect crosswind and I started scanning the bottom of the draw below me when I saw a big dog break from north to south about 150 yards out, like it was swinging downwind. The dog, then doubled-back out of view and then came charging into sight with one pup. She then repeated the move and about 10 seconds later I see her ripping away for the next county, two pups in tow.

I know that we would've had a better chance at coaxing them in if we had started with a softer squeaker. I even had Mity Max squeaker until Saturday afternoon, when I gave it to my friend's five year old when we were hunting.

So, who makes a good replacement? I thought the Mity Max was too loud, unless you muffled the outlet, negating the one-hand squeaker versatility.

do rabbits start squeeling quietly? Why do people beleive that coyotes will run because of too much volume at the start of a stand? Just because you saw one run and you didn't start softly does not mean that IF you had started softly they would've come, ya know..I've seen'em run when I lip squeeked, but it doesn't mean that I used the wrong lip squeek.

I always pack a Mouse Squeaker along with me when I'm Hunting or just checking trail camera's,You never know when it will come in handy...or as several mentioned I have lip squeaked in Coyotes also.

All Squeakers are not created equal..I've had a few cheap ones that were round and I've losted them,had them drop/roll off my ladder stand seat and other flat surfaces.The best Squeaker I have now and probably need to buy a spare one is the Primo's green colored Mouse Squeaker,it is 1/2 rounded and flat on the bottom,fits great inside a shirt pocket and won't roll off things when You lay it down!

This year I called in a Bobcat with my FoxPro Shockwave Caller,it walked out to the Caller about 35-40 yards into the Field I had it set up in while trying to call Coyotes,I turned the Caller off when the Bobcat made its way out to it then started to use my Primo's Mouse Squeaker and it walked back towards me and walked back into the woods to the right of my stand!Pretty Cool experience and the Squeaker brought the Bobcat right past me and I video-ed it on my cell phone...the Bobcat was out of Season so I wasn't able to shoot it!
frown.gif

Back