AR Bull barrel Vs. standard?

Good to know on the chrome. What about the Cryo-accurizing? Anyone have any input on this?

For the record, I think it's $35 for the chrome and $85 for the Cryo. from DPMS.

I recommend that you skip the chrome-lined bore and the cryo-treatment and put your money in a good fire-control group (trigger) and scope mount.

Get the 20 inch accurate barrel.

Do you know the reason the 6.8SPC cartridge was developed? The 14.5 inch barrel on the M-4 carbine does not get enough velocity on the 5.56 x 45 mm cartridge (.223 Remington) to be reliably leathal on enemies of America.

I suggest the 20" barrel. Get a light weight barrel of high quality. If you plan on hunting predators, you will likely fire fewer than 5 shots at a time and will not burn out the barrel. No problems.

This is my suggestion. Best of luck to you on your final choice.

Cheers,

Karl in Phoenix. If your signature is true, then Thank You for your Service! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif And, I'll take what you say to heart, and seriously consider the trigger upgrade. What's your recomendation, keepinig in mind a mild budget. I'd be thinking an upgrade, but not neccesarily top of the line stuff. I can always upgrade again farther down the road.

And to everyone else who has posted so far..Thank You for your input. You have all given me some things to consider.

Back