ATN better watch out!

If you want High quality rechargeables then the AA Kentlis can't be beat from what I've read. LOTS of guys running them in their X-sght 2s and getting great life out of them on a charge. Expensive as can be, but if you can't run a power pack, Kentli is the way to go.

I'm interested in a review on this scope as well. The video states 200 yard detection range which to me isn't all that great, but maybe that's just because the IR is junk. I'm interested to see how it does with something like a Sniper Hog Light or something of similar quality and ability.

Glad I procrastinated on getting the ATN 4K. Was this close to buying one. Now I will have to wait a bit longer to see what kind of reviews come in on the Wraith. If it is 200 buck less than the 4K and not as buggy could be a real winner.

I have the 4k in 3-14x and like it pretty good, though I haven't had it long. The new Wraith has caught my attention and you can't beat the price. I am anxious to read reviews and also see some data about field of view with it being 4x. Digital scopes in general have a narrow fov. It will be interesting to see how the Wraith stacks up against other digitals. If this scope is a good performer, clear and bug free, then ATN had indeed better watch out.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Wonder what the fov is at 4x?

Saw this on their website:

FOV @ 100yds is 21 feet
FOV @ 100m is 7m
FOV degrees, 4

Somehow I overlooked the FOV on the website. 4 degrees is pretty darn narrow. I guess we'll have to wait for reviews and videos in the field to get a better idea, but I have a feeling it's going to be too tight for under 100 yard shooting.

Kentli batteries are the best bang for the buck IMHO. Run them in my Xsight 2 and my OTS scanner. got 4 sets of the 3000mah now.. Been running the same 8 batteries over a year now with no issues.

The Wraith has the same eye relief and field of view as the Photon 6x12x50mm RT model. Fov = 4 degrees which is roughly 21 feet at 100 yards. Eye relief = 70mm which is roughly 2.3 inches. Those stats are the only things i dont like about my photon scopes. Those stats are the only reason i won't be buying a Wraith.
The new ATN 4k pro has 90mm eye relief which is roughly 3 inches. The field of view is 46 feet at 100 yards. The on board rangefinder, wider fov. and longer eye relief are the only reasons i am buying/trying the ATN 4k pro. I have no interest in vids, pics, and all the other options that come with the ATN scope.
I use the 6x50 rt model photon with a 66 lrx sniper hog 850 light with the photons lens cap punched out. I like the range and clarity that combination produces. I dont like the photon's short eye relief and narrow fov.
If the ATN with its longer eye relief and wider fov. can match the photon's night time distance and clarity i will be happy with the ATN. If not the ATN will be going back on its 30 return policy.

Greetings All, I am looking for a Owners Manual for a Night Optics Explorer 400. If any has one or knows where I can find one I would be much appreciative.

Back