Be careful what you shoot at

greg223

Many moons ago a young kid was curious to see what would happen if you shot a live 12 ga. shotgun on the primer with a .22. Not taking into account the law of physics that says for every action there is an equal or greater reaction, this kid set up the shotgun shell on top of a fence post and shot it with his 22. Faster than you can think the shotgun case came flying back and hit the kid right between the eyes, leaving a perfectly round welt that lasted for days. That was the last time I ever pulled a dumb stunt like that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

You too! I shot mine off the fence post with a BB gun. Primer gouged a neat little channel across the top of my scalp. Eleven years old.

haha well I think that tops trying to make your own gunpowder at the age of 11-12, by grinding up a box of matchheads in a meat grinder.

Yes, I shot a 12 gauge shoot gun shell with a .22 and the primer caught my ballcap. Age 17. I knew everything- back then. Makes you appreciate your eye sight.

I hit a .22 shell with a hammer when I was 11. I pulled a piece of lead from my throat, and the eye surgeon pulled a piece of brass from my left eye. Not to smart was it?

I once took a nail and taped it to the back of a shotgun shell with some duct tape. I then took a golf ball and taped it to the head of the nail. Next I threw it off of a large rock wall and ducked back taking cover. When I heard it go off i went down to look at it... All of the shot came out of the side of the shotgun shell...not the front. What happened with yours?

Long ago the stupid thing I did was put a 12 guage primer (CCI 109) into the end of a cigarette but with the tobacco removed and held a lighter to it. When that thing went bang it hit my finger so hard it left a blood blister, OUCH. Felt like I got my finger shot with a BB gun.

t/c223encore.

Boy, it sure makes me fell better knowing that I'm not the only one that was a few digs short of a full den when I was pup. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Falcon four- as near as I remember, which wasn't much given the circumstances, that the lead just stayed on top of the fence post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Isn't it amazing we lived through those years? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

All I gotta say is don't shoot the disposable propane tanks ( full ) with tracers just after dark .

I didn't know there was that many firetrucks on that end of the county, and it even amazes me more how far away people can see a fire ball! Try explaining that one to Mr Policeman !!

Funny thing was he didn't believe me until I showed him, he got a kick out of the grenade launcher too he liked the lumination canisters !

Oh come on guys. Where's the pictures? Scars and boo-boos don't count. Lets see some missing body parts.
IMG_1278.jpg

Hello, My name is Weasel and I play with explosives.

ive got no stories about stupid people with explosives, but i do have a friend who lost his finger in a meat mincer when he was a kid.
He said he was mincing beef for his mother to make into a pie, when the brain wave hit him, and he decided to find out if mincers work on fingers too.
They do, and now he's missing and index finger.
thats how he told me it happened, so i'll beleive him...

Now THIS is funny!

I taped a .44mag round to the end of an arrow and shot it at my fence. I remember my mom wondering what that noise was and me saying 'I'm just shooting my bow'.. Nobody ever figured out what it was...or how that hole got in the fence!

It didn't leave a neat hole, kinda jagged where I guess the round exploded. I never found all the brass and certainly didn't find the bullet!

Then there was the time I shot a can of R12 freon with a 12ga shotgun. That was COOL! Yes, I meant that as a pun.. The grass died in a nice six foot circle where the can had been.

I once threw a propane bottle (the little welding bottles) into a creek and shot it with my .22. It took off like a rocket..fortunately in the OTHER direction!

The funniest thing I think I ever shot was a big steaming mess of dog crap with my shotgun! It sprayed back and got ALL OVER MY BUDDY! Didn't even get on me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

living near FT.Bragg some 50 years ago, it was easy to find rifle blanks. we would open the end of them and dump the powder out so as to keep some in the shell,light it and it would fire the primer,which would take off to no one know where, got the idea of shooting one with my air rifle when i shot it the primer hit the end of air rifle and it was never acurate any more

When I was younger (late teens) I carried gun powder in an old fox urine squeeze bottle when I went muzzle loader hunting in case I needed to reload. At home I was going to put my gun and stuff away for the night when I noticed that the wood stove was nearly out so I thought I would just squirt a little powder on the hot coals to get it going again. I gained a new respect for black powder that night. Burned three fingers pretty good and singed all the hair off my arm, ears rang for 2 days. Filled the house full of smoke. Never did find any piece of that squirt bottle.

You all make my life sound safe, sane and secure!!

Been with guns all my life and the most reckless thing we ever did was make cannons out of galvanized pipe and shoot marbles ahead of the fire crackers at the bull up in the field. No injuries except the lumps the bull got. He smartened up and moved to the other end of the field; cows or no cows.

Back