Best Bullet Puller???

I have a Hornady Cam Lock and a momentum puller (no idea why they've been dubbed "kinetic"). I use either where each is appropriate, or even a set of dykes if I don't care what happens to the bullet at all and don't want to take time to set up the collet puller.

Either type can damage bullets in different ways, usually dependent upon how you've set them up or use them. Too strong of bite with a collet type damages the bearing surface, too stiff of whack on the last stroke with a momentum type can damage the tip (add padding in the bottom, won't ever happen).

Either type have their respective strengths and weaknesses. Collet types can't get a grip if there isn't enough bearing surface exposed, hammer types are a bear with really light bullets (low momentum), and they do dump the powder in the same stroke as the bullet, so you have to separate it (a strainer over a bowl works for me).

Both have their applications, both work. One's really cheap, one isn't. I can't remember the last time I've had to pull over 50 bullets, so I do most of mine with a hammer type.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksKinetic is great if you plan to be a carpenter.

I am a carpenter. I could surely use it for other projects as well
smile.gif

Back