Best made AR-15 ?

Without getting into the real high dollar or semi-custom/custom rigs, I'd say RRA is hard to beat. My RRA Predator is very accurate and has a very good trigger. I have yet to see another similarly priced AR that I would rather have.....

Originally Posted By: mr_mark95I like RRA and Daniel Defense (Ambush Arms)

I'm not sure which is the best AR15 but I did some research and chose the Ambush Firearms after looking at AR15's for a few years.

Daniel Defense make the Ambush Firearms AR's. They make just about all their own stuff from the best Steel and use a Cold hammer Forge to make their barrels. They are growing too as they are building new factories with all new machine equipment in the new factory.

Check them out at www.ambushfirearms.com

The best AR15 is the one you build yourself..

Delton makes a good starter rifle as does Palmetto State Armory without spending a arm and a leg.

Since you're planning this as a future purchase, why not build it yourself. I did and I'm glad I did.

You are in total charge of all the components from the beginning which will save you money (maybe). I opted for Kreiger barrel with a 10twist chambered in 6mm FatRat, Geiselle SSA-E trigger, YHM hand guard, Magpul rear end and Tubb buffer

I think all said I managed to pick everything up and complete my rifle for under a grand. Custom parts and pieces come on sale all the time if you are willing to shop. Putting the rifle together was fun and educational.

Good luck with your decision.

Kevin

Best Factory AR----Rock River

Best Custom AR----D-Tech

These are just my opionions, and do not reflect the rest of my brothers here on PM.
smile.gif

The best what? The midgrade production guns (Colt, Bushy, RRA)? Then there is the higher end production guns like Noveski, Larue, LWRC, LMT, POF, etc.

Basically you find the one with the features you want for the budget you can afford. The lower end guns will need things like triggers and furnature to fit you. The high end stuff will have it included.

There is no doubt that there is some RRA that will shoot one hole "all day", just like there are "high end" guns that struggle to hold MOA.

I own several in each catagory. I think you should think about what features you want then start narrowing down your search.

My son is a Leo and his agency started to replace their old m14s with the rra a10s. The rra didn't hold up lots of issues so they dump rra and now bought LMT. He likes the LMT guns very reliable.

I've had several RRA AR's and they have each been of high quality and have been more accurate than I can shoot. I've built several AR's using RRA uppers lowers, and RRA lower part kits, and have never had any sort of issue with any of their products. I currently have a Colt AR that I assembled using a 16" Colt Hbar match barrel on a Colt M-4 marked upper receiver with a Colt M-16 bolt carrier assembly. I used a Colt Tactical Carbine lower receiver, that I fit with a Timney 3 pound trigger. The resulting AR is the most accurate rifle on any type I own. It will hold .5 MOA out to 300 yards with my handloads, and I don't even have to try real hard. I think Colt and RRA make very good reasonable priced AR-15's.

Again it's pointless to suggest a "best" without knowing what it's for.

The best battle rifle isn't the best bench gun. Just like the best value isn't the best AR15.

My best shooter is probably a Les Baer, buts it's so freaking heavy. My Larue PredatAR is a great calling gun, but it's pencil barrel shifts a lot with a suppressor. My Colt's, RRA's, and bushmaster's are relegated to range days. I kinda get upset at my friends and boy for doing mag dumps and bump firing my nice guns.

I guess all of that is to say there isn't one ar that is best for everything.

The title of this thread asks for "Best Made." IMO the "best made" AR-15 comes from Andrew Brady at Lone Star Armory. Every rifle is built to order and "made" one at a time by Andrew himself. He spends whatever time is necessary to understand your wants, needs and budget in order to build the perfect rifle for YOU. He doesn't do mass production and test fires every rifle he builds prior delivery. I have experience handling and shooting rifles built by Andrew in .556, .308, 6.8 and 6.5. All of them were impressive to say the least. I had Andrew build me a match rifle about 2 years ago for 3-gun. I have run it hard, abused it and done things to it most wouldn't with a cheap production rifle. It's performance has been flawless and impressive at close and long ranges. No matter how hard I run it, it simply begs for more.

I'm sure there are others that do great work and have high attention to detail but for my money Lone Star Armory is the "best."

I've had personal experience with several brands. Colt, RRA, BCM, Noveske, Daniels Defense. All were excellent rifles. If I had to do it again, I would purchase a BCM upper and a Spikes or Palmetto lower.

Food for thought:

Here's a list of common gun brands, referenced to the folks that ACTUALLY MADE THE UPPER AND LOWER, you'll not that there are a lot of brands, but not actually very many parts manufacturers:

DSA - Cardinal forge
Rock River - Cardinal forge
Delton - Cerro forge, square
DPMS - Cerro
Spikes Tactical - Cerro
Stag - Cardinal, Cerro
LWRC- splintered A
Para USA - ZM
Knight's Armament - Cerro (keyhole)
Wilson Combat - splintered A
Double Star - Cerro
Smith &Wesson - Cerro
Daniel Defense - Cerro
Sabre Defense - Cerro
Remington - Cerro
BCM - Cerro, square
Bushmaster - Cerro
Stag - splintered A, Cardinal
J&T Distributing (Doublestar) - Cerro, C
CMMG - Cerro
Colt M4 - Cerro (C keyhole), square, Cardinal, C AF

Originally Posted By: VarminterrorFood for thought:

Here's a list of common gun brands, referenced to the folks that ACTUALLY MADE THE UPPER AND LOWER, you'll not that there are a lot of brands, but not actually very many parts manufacturers:

DSA - Cardinal forge
Rock River - Cardinal forge
Delton - Cerro forge, square
DPMS - Cerro
Spikes Tactical - Cerro
Stag - Cardinal, Cerro
LWRC- splintered A
Para USA - ZM
Knight's Armament - Cerro (keyhole)
Wilson Combat - splintered A
Double Star - Cerro
Smith &Wesson - Cerro
Daniel Defense - Cerro
Sabre Defense - Cerro
Remington - Cerro
BCM - Cerro, square
Bushmaster - Cerro
Stag - splintered A, Cardinal
J&T Distributing (Doublestar) - Cerro, C
CMMG - Cerro
Colt M4 - Cerro (C keyhole), square, Cardinal, C AF

Jeez, you could have put up the barrel manufacturer list and not had to type so much. LOL!

Originally Posted By: Arizona BushmanJeez, you could have put up the barrel manufacturer list and not had to type so much. LOL!

I cheated - copy and paste job.

Seriously just do some research and BUILD YOUR OWN AR. What will happen is you will buy and AR that is stock and more than likely you will pull half of the crap off and change. So instead save you some money build the guy from ground up and save some money. Buy a stipped blem lower for about $40 and I get mine a fatboytactical.net, buy yourself just the standarded upper with BCG, firing pin etc. If you want it for accuracy spend the money on a good barrel. Black hole Weaponry etc. Most of the high price AR-15 I guarantee you their lowers are made by Anderson MFG. Which you can get for $40. Take the time build your rifle then you will also know your own rifle unlike a lot of people that go out and just buy one plus you will save yourself some money. Don't fall for the whole name crap. My friend has a $2000.00 Wilson Combat and I built my AR for $775 and the look exactly the same. The funny thing is he had 3 failure to eject but wait he spent $2000.00 for this Ar it shouldn't do that. Anyways I hope you get my point save yourself the money and just build it.

I have owned a variety of different configurations but all have been DPMS. My current one is there MK12 SPR. The MK12 is incredibly accurate with its 18" stainless heavy barrel. All function 100%.

Back