BEST Replacement AA Batteries

Brush Dog

I have a couple FOXPRO units (Fusion and Hammerjack) that take AA batteries. I have a few dozen AA FOXPRO branded rechargeable NiMH batteries that I’ve been running for a few years but they are getting pretty tired. I’d like to replace them.

Does FOXPRO even sell FOXPRO branded batteries anymore? I see that Panasonic Eneloop is very popular with members here. Should I get regular Eneloop or Eneloop Pro batteries?

Also, I prefer to charge batteries outside of my callers, something that takes at least 8 batteries at a time, what charger would you guys recommend using with the Eneloops? Anything other than the Panasonic branded Smart Charger that the Eneloops are marketed with?

Thanks!

I used Enloop Pro and prefer them over the foxpro batteries by a huge margin. Just didn’t have good luck with the FP’s for whatever reason. I use 2 Nitecore 4 slot intellichargers to charge all of my batteries. AA, 18650, and a couple 16650 that I use. Working from memory I believe they are the Ci4 models. They have worked well for a bunch of years now.

Im using EBL batteries and mine came with a charger, one charger is 110v that I use at home and the other has a USB plug that I can use on the road.

Check the AH rating on your foxpro batts and get the same when you get rechargeables.

I live in a pretty remote(as far as parts stuff goes) and use Amazon for most everything from ball joints to bic lighters.

I used Enloop Pro and prefer them over the foxpro batteries by a huge margin. Just didn’t have good luck with the FP’s for whatever reason. I use 2 Nitecore 4 slot intellichargers to charge all of my batteries. AA, 18650, and a couple 16650 that I use. Working from memory I believe they are the Ci4 models. They have worked well for a bunch of years now.
Thanks. Do you prefer the Eneloop Pros over the regular Eneloops?

Is this the Nitecore charger you use?

Last edited:
Im using EBL batteries and mine came with a charger, one charger is 110v that I use at home and the other has a USB plug that I can use on the road.

Check the AH rating on your foxpro batts and get the same when you get rechargeables.

I live in a pretty remote(as far as parts stuff goes) and use Amazon for most everything from ball joints to bic lighters.
I'm no battery expert... I'm not even sure what 18650 and 16650 batteries are? I have used FoxPro branded rechargeable batteries in my units for years... I guess I just assumed they were the same as AA batteries, just rechargeable...?? I'll have to check the AH rating on them.

Thank you for all the other replies!! I definitely have some learning to do on batteries.

Does anybody use the Eneloop Smart Charger offered by Panasonic? Any feedback on it? Here's a link...

I haven’t ever tried the regular Enloops. I have always used the Pro version.

I just looked at my chargers. Mine are Nitecore i4 chargers. The link you provided looks to be a digital version of mine and I’m sure it would suit your needs just fine. Amazon appears to still sell the ones I use as well. Here’s the link to what I have.

Thank you for all the other replies!! I definitely have some learning to do on batteries.

Does anybody use the Eneloop Smart Charger offered by Panasonic? Any feedback on it? Here's a link...

I have an eneloop smart charger but not that one. Mine will fast or slow charge. It will also rejuvenate my batteries.

Back