Black coyote tonight

1trkyhntr

HOMAnimated (1).gif

1st stand we had a pack answer but they were deep and not right. We stayed for about 22 minutes but decided to move on and come back another night when they were closer and responded better.
Next stand in a pasture I played Bay Bee Cottontail and in less than 1 minute my buddy said that there was a target coming straight in. I saw it and at the same time we both knew it was a coyote. She came in hard, I barked to stop her at about 50 yds but she would not stop. She ran to the call and I guess she smelled it and flared off hard to my right. I kept on barking but she paid no attention at all, she just kept going. My buddy and I started shooting and she rolled but got back up running. My buddy was out of ammo and I could not shoot because of the angle that she was running put me too close to my buddy. I marked her with my laser where I saw her go into the woods and we did find her about 25 yds in. She is the nicest black coyote we have ever killed, 31.5lbs and no mange. Made our night for sure. Next stand was blank and we quit for tonight. A black coyote is a trophy for me, we don't have many and every one that I have ever killed had mange.
x9bH0Ob.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty awesome. Seems to be a southern/ Eastern thing. Don't think I've ever heard of one out west.

Last edited:
Mike, you just keep stacking them up. Congrats on a nice black coyote. We saw 2 coyotes tonight on the same stand in opposite directions, but neither of them wanted to bite.

1st stand we had a pack answer but they were deep and not right. We stayed for about 22 minutes but decided to move on and come back another night when they were closer and responded better.
Next stand in a pasture I played Bay Bee Cottontail and in less than 1 minute my buddy said that there was a target coming straight in. I saw it and at the same time we both knew it was a coyote. She came in hard, I barked to stop her at about 50 yds but she would not stop. She ran to the call and I guess she smelled it and flared off hard to my right. I kept on barking but she paid no attention at all, she just kept going. My buddy and I started shooting and she rolled but got back up running. My buddy was out of ammo and I could not shoot because of the angle that she was running put me too close to my buddy. I marked her with my laser where I saw her go into the woods and we did find her about 25 yds in. She is the nicest black coyote we have ever killed, 31.5lbs and no mange. Made our night for sure. Next stand was blank and we quit for tonight. A black coyote is a trophy for me, we don't have many and every one that I have ever killed had mange.
x9bH0Ob.jpg
Nice dog!!!!!!!

Very nice! Glad you found her. Sheā€™s a beauty, hope itā€™s going to the tannery or taxidermist.

Back