Brand New Savage from the shop today- BIG Dissappointment!!

Originally Posted By: cornstalkerSounds like you should storm off and buy a Remington. You are too twisted up to ever give Savage a fair shake now.

Personally, I'll stick with Savage.

Would you be ok with buying a rifle because a specific feature and have it not come with one of the main features you bought it for?

I don't know about you, but that is not acceptable to me.

Well, maybe just chill a bit and see what comes of it. I'll tell you now that most of the Savage barrels I have had foul a bit when new. (but nowhere near as bad as a Browning) They break in after a while, but there is normally time spent pushing blueberries. Accuracy tends to fade as she fouls.

If this happens to you and you don't expect it, all of the disappointments of the last episode will come flooding back and you will regret your purchase, swearing Savage would be the Anti-Christ if not for Democrats.

Savage generally makes a good product, and I hope the next one is in better shape than the last. Sounds like a fluke to me.

Originally Posted By: bowhunt32I hope it works out for you. I have a predator, detatchable mag that I bought a couple of years ago. Honestly couldn't be happier with that rifle. None of the finish issues you describe and lights out accurate.

Thank it was I'm looking for. The Detachable mag is a MAJOR reason I chose that rifle. If they pull the bait and switch on that feature then its game over. No Savage for me. That feature is what first got me to consider Savage and is very important. So to me it is a deal breaker.

I'm still trying to get a grasp on a wait period for a long gun?

What a bunch of crap.

Sounds like a lemon showed up.

Getting to be the norm nowadays with quality in many products unfortunately.

Cheeseburgers that shrink and floodlights that burn out after a month.

Stuff pissses me off.

Hopefully the next one that shows will be a winner.

Give savage another shake and see what happens?

Good luck to ya.
thumbup1.gif

If you reload, you make want to rethink the DBM idea. The throats in mine are a little long. Sometimes the seating depth sweet spot and the DBM have a difference of opinion.

Factory ammo, don't sweat it.

Originally Posted By: cornstalkerWell, maybe just chill a bit and see what comes of it. I'll tell you now that most of the Savage barrels I have had foul a bit when new. (but nowhere near as bad as a Browning) They break in after a while, but there is normally time spent pushing blueberries. Accuracy tends to fade as she fouls.

If this happens to you and you don't expect it, all of the disappointments of the last episode will come flooding back and you will regret your purchase, swearing Savage would be the Anti-Christ if not for Democrats.

Savage generally makes a good product, and I hope the next one is in better shape than the last. Sounds like a fluke to me.

Amen, I hope the next one shows up as advertised and functions properly. If so then she goes home with me and has a new bed to sleep in. Hope she doesn't mind seeping with a bunch of Remy's
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Black_WolfI'm still trying to get a grasp on a wait period for a long gun?

What a bunch of crap.

Sounds like a lemon showed up.

Getting to be the norm nowadays with quality in many products unfortunately.

Cheeseburgers that shrink and floodlights that burn out after a month.

Stuff pissses me off.

Hopefully the next one that shows will be a winner.

Give savage another shake and see what happens?

Good luck to ya.
thumbup1.gif

Hey maybe if it was made in China we wouldn't be having this discussion? Just kidding folks. Don't shoot me.

I'm gonna give em a try. No skin off my nose other then screwing the pooch on having the Savage for this hunt. Maybe She will make the next one if all works out.

I think I'm calm now. Wow that disclaimer pissed me off. Just thinking that they could get away with a bait and switch on this rifle set me off. But they haven't done it yet. So I'm gonna take a few deeeep breaths and wait it out and see what Savage does.

But to be honest it is still really disappointing to see that Savage is the only one of the major rifle manufacturers that puts that kind of disclaimer on their website on the models that they offer.

That is a horrible way to do business! Putting a disclaimer like that just so that it gives you the legal right to pull a bait and switch is an extremely shady business practice.

Don't get me wrong if every single major manufacturer was doing it and it was standard business practice for all of them. Then that is one thing. But having Savage be the only major manufacturer to do it is worrysome.
That I don't like!

Hmmm, got to say, I'm a bit sceptical when someone new comes in and their first 11 posts are in a bash thread they started. Not judging, or saying it didn't go down that way, just saying I'm sceptical...

Anyway, welcome to PM...maybe if you get the rifle situation handled we can get onto talkin about your hunts and such.

Was it ordered directly from Savage or from a distributor. Most FFL's get the firearms through a distributor. It may be old stock from before the detachable mag came out. If it is coming from a distributor you cant blame Savage for it not being the detachable mag.

OLD Savage Predator Hunter owner here...I'm old and have owned my rifle for a number of years.

Had an issue when new in that my .204 PH blind magazine would not feed HP ammunition from the magazine..sent to Savage, said sorry, no fix available, was not designed for HP. OK with me, they paid for all shipping..didn't try to blow smoke up my tail pipe.

A friend who is a master mechanic, including firearms, fixed it..will feed anything including empty case...don't ask me how, don't know, don't care..maybe a bigger HAMMER.

My rifle has been exceptional in every aspect with that minor glitch..I like it, prairie dogs not so much.

Does anyone have an accurate count or possibly even an accurate estimate as to how many times the fish picture has been paraded by for everyone to see? Using the search function I've seen it more than once emitting from the same source. What good purpose does it serve? I hope you get your concerns answered.

I had two savage model 10 predator rifles in 223,that I ended up selling. Both guns were shipped back to savage for repairs,like recoil pad off a 1/4 inch, camo missing in alot of spots on rifle,when working the bolt it would hit the reciever. I got tired of it and got rid of them. When it came right down to it they were pretty crude rifles. I ended up buying two Rem LVSF in 22-250,and have been very happy.

Hopefully we don't have to do the remington/savage dance again. No major firearms maker wants to see junk go out their doors. However lemons do happen in all brands.

Everybody knows i'm a savage fan but i have gotten a couple over the years that had problems too, it happens.

You will get old stock before they send you the newest product unless you make it a point to go to someone who can get the new stuff first. If you get another pos, then you have every right to be mad. blue

WOW!!!!

I can not believe it. The website has already been changed within 10 minutes of my speaking to Savage. It no longer states that it comes with a detachable box magazine!

I hope they honor it.

Originally Posted By: Song DogBy golly, it does show it.
Model: 10 XP Predator Hunter Package Brush

Series:

Package

AccuTrigger:

Yes

Sights:

4x12x40mm scope, mounted and bore-sighted

AccuStock :

No

Magazine:

Detachable box

Stock material:

Synthetic

Barrel material:

Carbon Steel

Stock finish:

Matte

Barrel finish:

Matte

Stock color:

Camo

Barrel color:

Camo

Action:

Short

Handed:

Right

I just got off the phone with a manager at Savage and within 20 minutes the website was changed to now read "internal Box" magazine.

I hope they don't try to cover this up. But I will give Savage the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise.

Originally Posted By: frozenbuttSomeone from savage is probally reading this.

Actually somebody that read this thread called Savage this morning and told them my story. Then Savage changed the website. Now I don't know if the person who called was "pretending" to be me, but when I Mr Savage called me a second time he had another rep with him that said I had called her with this story earlier. Which I had not. So someone who read this thread called and warned Savage.

I don't mind. That just shows that Savage owners value the company and want to protect it from a possible problem. That is a big plus in my book. Would a Remington customer have done the same thing and called the company to warn them? I don't know. But in this case at least one Savage owner did.

Originally Posted By: reb8600Was it ordered directly from Savage or from a distributor. Most FFL's get the firearms through a distributor. It may be old stock from before the detachable mag came out. If it is coming from a distributor you cant blame Savage for it not being the detachable mag.

#1 i was thinking the same thing.

Back