Burris Eliminator III

What steps are involved in setting the scope up with the correct trajectory for a hand load? How well does it simulate the real trajectory? How does the glass compare to a Leupold vx3?

Pretty simple.
First you will need to get a solid zero at 100 yards.
Zero out your turrets.
Then you will set up a tall paper target with a visible aiming point toward the top of the target and set it up at 750 yards.
Shoot a group at 750 yards.
Measure in inches with a tape measure from your aiming point. With my 6.5x47 Lapua with a 130 grain Berger it is 135 inches. The instruction will also show you how to input the BC (Ballistic Coefficient) of the bullet and how to factor in or input the elevation you are shooting in.
This needs to be done on a calm day ideally, preferably before mirage sets in.
Now go and see if your info is correct by shooting at different distances. I use steel so I can immediately see if I am on or not.
With the Eliminator it is not necessary to have a chronograph. Because you only need your drop in inches at 750 yards having a 100 yard zero, and to know your BC and elevation.
Simply follow the instructions with the scope.

I had already confirmed my drops a number of months ago by shooting different distances, and had all of that data saved in EXBAL. So I just zeroed at 100, and then looked up in my ballistic software what my drop in inches is at 750 yards and plugged that info in the Eliminator combined with my BC & elevation.

Here is a link about my first shot past 100 yards using the Eliminator III on Saturday.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...830#Post2290830

Back