Bush Apology

Daddyrabbit - I cannot believe that someone can actually believe that we went into a war for "contracts". I am sorry for you that you think this way.
Do I believe that we went into Iraq to fight against people who may be plotting to do us harm......YES.
Do I believe that our country has been kept safer by us going into Iraq......another YES.
Do I believe that the country of Iraq is better off without Saddam Hussein......YES again.
Do I think to overlook the mass murders that Saddam Hussein did would be wrong.....YES.
Do I think for a millisecond or for the rest of my life that Bush went into Iraq for contracts....NO NO NO NO NO.
Do I think that there was weapons of mass destruction.....Yes at least at one time.
Do I think you realize that even congress thought we should go in after seeing what they had seen for information.......No.....as my guess you also think Bush lied about this.

Now you ask what would I have done if I were Bush. Well I feel he did a great job as stated earlier so I could only hope to do as fine a job. Funny how you state what a poor job he has done but if my memory serves me well I don't recall another attack happening on our soil.
A couple of things I would have liked to seen changed would be....
1.) No media in a war zone. Our troops have enough to deal with without the media second guessing their every step.....second guessing can get soldiers killed.
2.) Every politician that talks down the war that we should pull out etc, should be VOTED OUT and charged with treason!!!!! To give the enemy hope that all they have to do out last the Americans is just plain criminal as it can also cost American lives.

GreifShorthairs, if you think that the country of Iraq and its citizens are so much better off, why do you think they want all American forces out of their country ASAP? You were never treated as liberators there ... do you wonder why? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Even Bush now admits there were no WMD, but you still believe they were there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

(2) You think they should suspend the Constitution and the rights and freedoms granted there under and charge people who speak out against the war with treason? Guess you don't think much of freedom nor your Constitution? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Personally, I believe going into Iraq was needed. I'd be willing to bet Saddam was funding BinLadden. I think Bush did a great job. It was best that he done it then I. Sand is the major ingredient in glass, I would have turned the whole friggen middle east into the Eurasian International Airport. Wouldn't glass have made the perfect runway ? With enough heat applied anyhow. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ECH, you have made some pretty bold statements here.

Yes, it is true that there are NUTCASE's blowing themselves and others up in an attempt to "win" the hearts and minds of liberals just like you and "The Rabbit". So in this instance, I would say that they certainly do not make any attempt at "treating us like liberators".

There are; however, MILLIONS of Iraqi citizens who no longer have to live in fear that their fathers and sons, and other family members are not taken in the middle of the night, shot in the back of te head, and thrown into some nameless mass grave. I would argue that these folks probably do view us as liberators.

As far as "wanting us out of their counrty ASAP" goes, another liberal wet spot. If we pulled out of Iraq immediately, they would crap their pants! Iran would be in there quicker than a hiccup, and THEY KNOW IT!

EVERYONE now knows that there were no WMD's, and nobody is trying to hide it. HOWEVER, at the time, EVERYONE BELIEVED that they did possess them. This information was nothing more than incorrect intelligence. IT HAPPENS!

Your statements do nothing more than expose you weak intellect on the subject, as your comments are based on your opinions and what our LIBERAL media has allowed you to absorb through your television.

Furthermore, your comments do little more than dishonor the memory of those who paid the unltimate price. My son has pulled 2 tours in Iraq, and was greeted quite warmly by most of the Iraqi's. He also helped a few of them, who were so inclined, to meet Allah. Never let it be said that the United States Marines don't help some dreams come true. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Jeff, thank your son for me and Connie.

Lib's are living in a deranged myth, some actually believe the myth and thus cannot be reasoned with because they know they are right . Sad that there are that many of them in America.

ECH - There is a difference in my mind with freedom of speach and what some of the left wingers were doing. To speak so harshly on the war that we shouldn't have went that Bush lied that we should pull out was done for an agenda.......to get a democrat into the oval office. Since they have now got that accomplished I don't imagine you will hear much about it from those same politicians or from the mainstream media. And yes I do think we should at least vote these politicians out......how many sons and daughters were harmed because of those actions.....only God knows.

Quote:
ECH, you have made some pretty bold statements here.

Yes, it is true that there are NUTCASE's blowing themselves and others up in an attempt to "win" the hearts and minds of liberals just like you and "The Rabbit". So in this instance, I would say that they certainly do not make any attempt at "treating us like liberators".

There are; however, MILLIONS of Iraqi citizens who no longer have to live in fear that their fathers and sons, and other family members are not taken in the middle of the night, shot in the back of te head, and thrown into some nameless mass grave. I would argue that these folks probably do view us as liberators.

As far as "wanting us out of their counrty ASAP" goes, another liberal wet spot. If we pulled out of Iraq immediately, they would crap their pants! Iran would be in there quicker than a hiccup, and THEY KNOW IT!

EVERYONE now knows that there were no WMD's, and nobody is trying to hide it. HOWEVER, at the time, EVERYONE BELIEVED that they did possess them. This information was nothing more than incorrect intelligence. IT HAPPENS!

Your statements do nothing more than expose you weak intellect on the subject, as your comments are based on your opinions and what our LIBERAL media has allowed you to absorb through your television.

Furthermore, your comments do little more than dishonor the memory of those who paid the unltimate price. My son has pulled 2 tours in Iraq, and was greeted quite warmly by most of the Iraqi's. He also helped a few of them, who were so inclined, to meet Allah. Never let it be said that the United States Marines don't help some dreams come true. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

+1! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Methinks ECH has not heard of the Kurds (just as one of MANY examples)... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

++ to Jump's sentiments re your boy, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Well Jeff, you say "EVERONE now knows that there were no WMD". I agree that everone SHOULD know this, but apparantly they don't because in my post I was responding to GriefShorthair's where he said "Do I think that there was weapons of mass destruction .... Yes at least at one time." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As far as "at the time everyone believed it" ... not so Sir, many countries all over the world questioned the validity of the intelligence. That's why there were so fewer countries participating in the second invasion in comparison to the coalition that made up the first invasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The country of Iraq is now fractured along religious and tribal lines. People still disappear in the middle of the night quite frequently. They are more open to influence from Iran and other more radical muslums. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

As far as wanting you out of the country ... that's not a Lib wetspot ... that's the expressed desire of the Gov't that the Bush Admin put in place there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My post also does nothning to dishonor the men and women that proudly served and sacrificed there ... it does, however highlite the errors of Bush's foreign policy! The notion that you can't say anything against the war without implying a negative conotation against those who served is nonsense served up to the gullible. Many, many Iraq vets have seen the futility of it and are against it as well.

P.S. - Saddam had nothing to do with financing 9/11, but Bush's friends, the Saudis sure did, and they are still finacing the spread of Islam all over the world.

Precisely!!

Quote:

P.S. - Saddam had nothing to do with financing 9/11, but Bush's friends, the Saudis sure did, and they are still finacing the spread of Islam all over the world.

Quote:
GreifShorthairs, if you think that the country of Iraq and its citizens are so much better off, why do you think they want all American forces out of their country ASAP? You were never treated as liberators there ... do you wonder why?

Because YOU watch ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC and so on.

Let's see, the Iraqi people had a choice...Sadam or autonomy? Wait, no they didn’t because if they crossed the line Sadam killed them. They have autonomy now and are helping our troops find the bad guys.

You have no idea what you are talking about so do yourself a favor and shut UP.

Talk to ANY troop that HAS BEEN THERE and you'd know what a travesty our media has done in reporting the War On Terror.

I know because I work with the 9th Civil Engineering Squadron of the United States Air Force: and it's heart breaking to see the disappointment in they're faces when they get home and the media didn't report about the hospital they built, the school they repaired, the power grid they restored, the water purification plant they built from the ground up, or the faith and hope the Iraqi’s have thanks to their efforts.

Being liberal is one thing but…well-your not worth my time to type what I feel.

Let's watch the TOS...

Well ech Weapons of Mass Destruction as I stated "at least at one time" http://shop.history.com/detail.php?a=77169 how do you not consider chemical weapons WMD? Do you think that someone that had the lunacy to put to death thousands of his own countrymen would be against trying it again someday? Or would you rather we look the other way and turn the other cheek? It must be a comfort to know that you have a superpower as a neighbor so that you will be well protected.

Mr. Mister - I cannot begin to express my Love for our military that put their lives on the line everyday so that we can enjoy a safe life. I just do not understand how anyone cannot be 100% behind them. What the media does is such a injustice to what these fine young men and women are doing. My brother in law does a lot of traveling and overheard two soldiers in an airport talking to each other about how the media has it all wrong and talking about how much good they had been doing.
You know we owe everything we are to our military. But not only do we owe everything to them but the rest of the world owes so much to them as well. I don't imagine Europe would look like it does today if it hadn't been for the good ole USA.

Quote:
Well Jeff, you say "EVERONE now knows that there were no WMD". I agree that everone SHOULD know this, but apparantly they don't because in my post I was responding to GriefShorthair's where he said "Do I think that there was weapons of mass destruction .... Yes at least at one time." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

As far as "at the time everyone believed it" ... not so Sir, many countries all over the world questioned the validity of the intelligence. That's why there were so fewer countries participating in the second invasion in comparison to the coalition that made up the first invasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The country of Iraq is now fractured along religious and tribal lines. People still disappear in the middle of the night quite frequently. They are more open to influence from Iran and other more radical muslums. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

As far as wanting you out of the country ... that's not a Lib wetspot ... that's the expressed desire of the Gov't that the Bush Admin put in place there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My post also does nothning to dishonor the men and women that proudly served and sacrificed there ... it does, however highlite the errors of Bush's foreign policy! The notion that you can't say anything against the war without implying a negative conotation against those who served is nonsense served up to the gullible. Many, many Iraq vets have seen the futility of it and are against it as well.

Be careful saying there was no WMD's. Were you there? I did 1 and a half tours. My Brother In Law few out today for his 3rd. Not arguing points just remember there are things in this world that are better off left out out of the Liberal Media. Including what was sold to your country for its own nuclear plants.

The media is only going to put out what sells. Controversy. They will even turn around and eat "the chosen one" when he gets in as long as it sells.

"Be careful saying there was no WMD's." Well, in your 1 and half tours did you or anyone else find any? The answer is No! Even Bush himself admitted this in his recent "regrets" interview.

As for the uranium that was sold to a Canadian company ... it is thought to have been acquired by Saddam before the first war and it was very far from being weapon's grade.

didn't Iraq hit our ship with a missile?
I'd have taken them out then. and moved right threw Iran too.
i'm with frankincub

Last edited:
Well, this guy said there wasn't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote: Rove: We Wouldn't Have Invaded Iraq If We Knew The Truth About WMDs

In what was a remarkable admission that contradicted - to a large extent - the past statements from his onetime boss, former Bush strategist Karl Rove said on Tuesday evening that had the President known Iraq did not possess weapons of mass destruction, the United States would not have gone to war.

"In the aftermath of 9/11 the concern was about a tyrant accused of enormous human rights abuses," but who also possessed weapons of mass destruction, said Rove. "Absent that, I suspect that the administration's course of action would have been to work to find more creative ways to constrain him like in the 90s."

The remarks, delivered at a debate in New York on Bush's legacy, came amidst a vigorous defense by Rove on behalf of the war's purpose and outcome. At no point was it mentioned that the administration -- specifically Vice President Dick Cheney -- reportedly advanced faulty or poorly sourced information to fit the conclusion that Iraq possessed WMD, or that intelligence reports from the run-up to the war suggested that such a case was flimsy. Later in the event, Rove argued that Saddam Hussein was supporting terrorism, poised a grave threat to the region, and had systematically duped the international community into assuming he was armed.

"He told his interrogators it made him look big in the neighborhood," said Rove, before noting all of the Democratic officials who believed as much.

As such, Rove argued, the Bush administration was justified in the course it chose and the world better off for its actions.

And yet, his remarks stand in contrast to those offered by the president himself, both recently and in the past. In an interview that aired last night with ABC's Charlie Gibson, Bush declared that the greatest regret of his presidency was "the intelligence failure in Iraq." But he claimed it was "hard... to speculate" as to whether or not he would make the same decision to invade with the correct information.

Back in December 2005, however, Bush did just that, declaring the WMD issue effectively irrelevant when he said that, "knowing what I know today, I would have still made that decision."

"So, if you had had this -- if the weapons had been out of the equation because the intelligence did not conclude that he had them, it was still the right call?" Fox News' Brit Hume asked.

"Absolutely," replied Bush.

On Tuesday night, Rove wasn't the only Iraq war protagonist indulging in a bit of retrospection. Bill Kristol, of the Weekly Standard and Project for a New American Century fame, said he agreed with the sentiment that "the President would not in fact have gone to war if he had known what seems to be the case, that Saddam did not have functioning weapons programs at the time."

Quote:

Be careful saying there was no WMD's. Were you there?

WMD went the same way to outside Iraq that ALL Saddam's Air Force went; over the border to military airstrips and bases outside the country. He had plenty of time. He most likely got money for some of his toys!

Hussein was a political monster/dictator, but he was most certainly not stupid or he would never had survived as long as he and his boys did.

There is an old saying in Arkansas; when you wrestle with pigs, you're going to get smelly!"

Sam H. Asbury, III
Cleet #08 PIA 2782

Back