Colorado Coyote Laws

Originally Posted By: viperYou guys sure are gullible!! Next they will tell you about the law passed that in December you have to wear a Santa suit while hunting coyotes in Colorado!

If you know anything about Gerry Blair, and there's a lot to know, he's done it.

Eating coyotes, not so much.
sick.gif

What's the big deal about eating coyotes???

Haven't you eaten at a Chinese restaurant before? How sure are you that the meat was beef?

I say this because for years, I've been dropping coyotes off at an oriental restaurant. I had assumed the owner just wanted the pelts and threw the carcass away, but, recently, I heard that only the skeletons were found in his dumpster
sick.gif

Personally i would never eat a coyote or a bobcat for that matter. However, i did see an episode of predator persuit where fred eichler showed how to prepare bobcat. No thanks.

Originally Posted By: Colorado CoyotesCornstalker

Do you serve whiskey with that as a back up?
sick.gif

Nope, I serve whiskey in copious amounts before the main dish is served...

I'm not sure I could eat anything that smells as bad as a coyote but, bobcat is good!

Every time I skin out a coyote I think of how bad it would be to be a victom of a coyote attack and have to smell them up close while fending them off.

I remember seeing a special on the History channel or Discover about some special opps forces that as part of their training had to spend several nights out in the mountains in the winter. All they gave them to eat was a coyote, unskinned,and they ate it.

I give several each year to a local fish and game club that serves it at a game supper. I am told it is cleaned out every year. I just cant bring myself to try it.

Back