Coyote hunting in Illinois

Hi Jim87, I live and hunt in Montgomery county, but get down to Pope county a lot, 5 to 6 times a year. Hunt in the Bay Lake/creek, Bell Smith, Burden Falls area. I haven't been to the lake in a couple years. Any truth to the rumor that the dam burst? Be neat to get a few of us together for a hunt in Shawnee this late winter Any takers?

I live in Franklin County, I hunt here, Jefferson, Perry, Washington, and Wayne Counties.

We have many yote hunters in the area, ran into a bunch this morning running yotes with dogs in Jefferson County. Second time I ran into them this week, 1st time was in Perry County.

Originally Posted By: Dawgnut68I live in Franklin County, I hunt here, Jefferson, Perry, Washington, and Wayne Counties.

We have many yote hunters in the area, ran into a bunch this morning running yotes with dogs in Jefferson County. Second time I ran into them this week, 1st time was in Perry County.

Yep I seen them dog runners too, they tick me off......so lazy.

Maybe we need to get together and see if we can't get a few?

Madison County here. I hunted in Williamson, and Saline counties today. 5 stands and no takers. Some great lookin country though. We were really suprised we didnt call in something. Wondered if the moon had something to do with it?

Originally Posted By: jasonsuchOriginally Posted By: Dawgnut68I live in Franklin County, I hunt here, Jefferson, Perry, Washington, and Wayne Counties.

Yep I seen them dog runners too, they tick me off......so lazy.

Maybe we need to get together and see if we can't get a few?

Yeah maybe, once all the deer hunters get out of the field...kinda mess's up the callin.

Originally Posted By: Jimmc
I know we have coyotes, bob cats and fox here, I would just like to hear from some hunters in my neck of the woods.

You might want to leave the kitty's alone, they are still protected in IL.

franklin co. here two doubles this year and two singles got to get out more now that deer season is over fox pro.fx.3 colt H-BAR ELITE.223 REM 700 VLS 243 MOD.7 243

I think State boards would be a great idea. Moderators, what would it take to get it done? How many guys would be interested in this?

There is Calling in the East and Great White North forums!
But what about the rest of us.
I am up for a Mid-West forum...and we will even allow cheese-heads.

:)Makanda
smile.gif

I would be for a Mid-West forum. I am not saying that Illinois' coyotes are any different than a Western or Eastern yote' I just feel it takes different hunting techniques to get a shot at them. Around me, there are large sections of woods and grown up areas that hold yotes, yet they are never seen. You can hear them of a night sounding like one behind every tree, yet come daylight, they are gone.

I asked an admin member about state forum where you enter and each state will have a subforum to enter and converse with other state members. We'll will see what happens

Lance and Larry are from that area. I hunt mostly Jackson and Perry Counties and the counties down south. I've hunted Kentucky, Oklahoma, and Nevada and there's not that much difference in calling dogs in those areas than here. I hunt open grain fields and woods and have never changed my techniques. There is more pressure on dogs in the last few years than ever before due to more people hunting them and educating them.

Back