coyote round for 6.5 creedmoor

varminter185

Hey guys, I plan on going coyote hunting for the first time next week, and I was wondering if the 6.5 creedmoor can be fur friendly... I worked up a load for the berger 140 vld target round. I was wondering if this would work for coyotes without blowing basketball size holes. The berger box says not suitable for hunting, but this makes me wonder if they are capable of expanding without being explosive. Only other option I have is a 140 hornady sst that I havent worked up yet.

I run a 6.5 Grendel some, and have found that once in a while it treats fur ok, but for the most part I would not call it a fur friendly round. The Creedmoor, with more velocity, is even less likely to treat fur very well. All I can say is give it a go and good luck. Let us know what you come up with if you get the chance.

Varminter this will be my first year with the creedmoor also, I will be shooting 120 grain lapua sceenars. I will give you a report on how they do when I get some fur down

Im debating whether or not to go with the 6.5 monday. Or go with the 22-250. With 50 grain vmax. What do you think? Are the scenars similar to the berger vld?

Back