CZ 527, re-barrel, cartridge options?

I think, maybe, somewhere north of 4500 rounds or so to shoot it out? IDK, we just shot it a bunch and didn't track it. However, a significant part of that was shot hot and fast, which is not good for a carbon steel (or any for that matter) barrel. When my daughter is in the shooting mood, I let her shoot. Much of that was shot in in the summer when the heat is bad. That is another reason I went with a factory takeoff to put back on it. It will be abused the second time around too, I am pretty certain. It still shoots fairly well, all things considered. I am really ready to step up the twist though to get her into a heavier bullet. Otherwise we could get a couple more years out of it.

I am not really a hot rodder when it comes to loads. I run it up somewhere around a generally accepted maximum, wherever it shoots good or really wants to shoot, and call it good.

Thanks JTP, that kind of round count is what is making me want the .223. Im going with a 8 twist and hope to get to shoot it as much as y’all do.

Don't overlook the option of a CZ527 in 6.5 Grendel. Not as in re-barreling your 223, more like as a new rifle in the stable. Does not offer ultra cheep ammo, though the 6.5 Grendel is another low recoil light muzzle blast caliber well suited for deer and hogs as well as coyote's.

Back