Did you see Savage new tactical rifle for 09

skeetlee

This thing looks wild. the model is 10 bas. It looks like an ar but in a bolt rifle. I dont know how to post a link, but if you go to savage arms web site you will find them. It doesnt say what caliber they will be offered in, but if i had to guess it would be the same old thing. 308 or 223. Man there are just to many 308 rifles on the market, I get tired of seeing a really nice rifle and it is only offered in a 308. This one is pretty wild though!! Lee

From the looks of the photos on the website, I'd guess it's a .308 based on the size of the magazine...I couldn't find any technical info on it...

Looks a lot like a Howa Axiom, I don't know why they think they need somthing like that.

Does absolutely nothing for me.

Clayman

With a MB its going to be loud.
Ive seen that same gun a while back, but under a different name...not a fan of an AR looking gun thats bolt action operated though.

Here's the pic:
10BASwRail20Scope20not20incl.jpg

From Savage:
SUFFIELD, CT -- Savage is rolling out a new modular sniper system in 2009 that elevates the top of the line in law enforcement for the company known for producing the most accurate factory rifles available.

The Model 10 BAS and 10 BAS/T are based on the proven model 110 action, built on a modular aluminum chassis that features the same three-dimensional bedding system included in the company’s new AccuStock. This system accepts most standard AR-style buttstocks and pistol grips, allowing the user to customize his bolt rifle to resemble his autoloader.

“In the serious business of law enforcement, the most important qualities your gear can have are dependability and familiarity.” Savage CEO Ron Coburn said. “Savage has always made bolt-action rifles you can depend on. Now we make one the AR user will be more familiar with too.”

The 10 BA will come in two configurations the BAS with an M4-style buttstock and the BAS/T with a target-style, multi-adjustable buttstock that borrows from Savage’s Model 12 Palma target rifle. Other features include: AccuTrigger, 10-round detachable magazine, 24” free-floating, fluted heavy barrel, proprietary Savage muzzle brake, and an oversized bolt handle.

Quote:
Looks a lot like a Howa Axiom, I don't know why they think they need somthing like that.

Does absolutely nothing for me.

Clayman

Think they got the idea from this documentary!

Can’t imagine a bolt action though? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

John.

Quote:
Here's the pic:

WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,, And I thought Savage rifles were ugly before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

I guess poop's good if ya like it.

In PA you can't hunt with AR's. So it may do well in my state, and others like it.

I think if the action number is 3 digits, it is a long action.

Quote:
Here's the pic:

Finally, a factory rifle has been produced that is worthy of wearing a limited edition Government Over-run CounterSniper Optical Weaponsight! But Savage chooses to throw a lowsy NXS on top /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif for the press release photo???

Boy, talk about lipstick on a pig...

Quote:
WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,, And I thought Savage rifles were ugly before.

Don't buy one then...go buy a Cooper and support a commie!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Here's the pic:

Finally, a factory rifle has been produced that is worthy of wearing a limited edition Government Over-run CounterSniper Optical Weaponsight! But Savage chooses to throw a lowsy NXS on top /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif for the press release photo???

Boy, talk about lipstick on a pig...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
Quote:
WOW,,,,,,,,,,,,, And I thought Savage rifles were ugly before.

Don't buy one then...go buy a Cooper and support a commie!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

HUH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Good point knock'emdown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
The Counter Sniper OWS would be a perfect match.

Last edited:
I guess I will go against the grain. It looks like a possible winner for shooting practical rifle matches. Of course the crux will be if the detachable mags are reliable.

I am very interested in the Model 10 Precision Carbine! Looks like a great calling rifle.

10PreCarb.jpg

The Model 10 Precision Carbine features:

AccuStock in Digital Green Camo
# 20-in medium-contour barrel
# AccuTrigger
# Detachable Box Magazine
# Oversized Bolt Handle
# Matte Black Metal Finish
# Available in 308 Win. and 223 Rem

Looks like I will be buying another Savage rifle. I like that it has the rail system for forward-mounting NVD and IR LASER. Way cool.

Merry Christmas

Karl in Phoenix
American Nationalist

But gee I thought the evil collapsing stock was going to be outlawed, along with them evil pistol grips? Oh waitr that is just for an auto loading rifle though aint it? Well guess Reed, Shumer and Biden will have to start rewriting the bill before Bammy gets to sign it.

Whats the deal with this new accu-stock? I read what it had to say on the web site, but it didnt sound like a big deal to me or at least nothing that's all that new. m i missing something here? Lee

Back