Dog work at night

WSMBUCK,I guess we can all have opinions, unless you are a "mod", then you can't say anything. There is parts of this you are not involved in. But you do make good points with the info you have.
Tony, or anyone one else can do as they like, I'll do the same, and we can all just go hunting and have fun.
Duane

Duane Thats all we ask of you as a MOD and a dog man is to respect this site and others ways of training,
We are all here to learn and help each other where we can, not to fuss between our selves, we have enough people doing that for us and trying to take our rights away from us.

And i know i dont know the whole story about you and Tony And it is none of my busniess or anyone elses,
So thats what PM's and phones or for. So yall can keep it between yourselves and pissing matches dont start like this one has is all i was trying to get at. Thanks Billy

I havnt been on this site long, but I have been around houndsmen long enough to know that wherever we congregate we will also argue, I have never been around a group of hunters for more than an hour that didn't have some sort of argument. Its nothing new guys. I believe that some took this way too personal for no apparent reason. JMO.

Personal attacks keep a lot of members from posting stories and pictures of what is happening afield with their dogs. Lots of folks just figure, "Who needs it."

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKPersonal attacks keep a lot of members from posting stories and pictures of what is happening afield with their dogs. Lots of folks just figure, "Who needs it." I think Tony will put on his big boy pants and take any comments like a man. But DoubleCK that is the atitude on this board, if something is said that everyone doesn't agree with, everyone starts to cry. Me personaly, I would like to see the board be able to disagree and have discussions. Not a board that follws each other around like sheep and kiss everyones butt.
Duane and I have got into a few discussions and believe it or not we are still friends and we have agreed to disagree.
We are not in grade school, we can discuss thing like adults and for someone to say he is disappointed in another mans oppinion must still be in grade school, put your big boy pants on.
The idea of a decoy dog on this board is way different than I would think that many would concider a decoy dog but hey, have a good time get the kids out get the dogs out and shoot some coyotes.

Last edited:
Always got my big boy pants on Devin.
smile.gif
I'm cool with any debate, especially if something constructive comes from it. I'd sure like to see more video posts of decoy dogs working. Hear alot of comments, just don't see much video. I've seen some maulings, just not much decoying.

Tony

I knew you did. I wish I was rich I would buy a video camera and film away. Most of my video would be of my dogs killing a porky or getting sprayed by a skunk or chasin a bird. I am not near the hunter you guys are so you wouldn't get much of a video from me. If I am lucky I might get one or two coyotes a year killed.
My point was that this board has a bunch of cry babies on it ( not you Tony) and when any kind of disagreement comes up all we hear is the crying.
I think this could have been a good discusion but this discussion and always turned into a cry fest.
In fact I will start another tread on what is a decoy dog and his job. No one will post a thing on it because, I truthfully don't think to many on this board have a clue what a decoy dog is. Including myself. :0)

I believe that lots of people will post on the thread, because all it takes is one person to wright up a good post, and ten people will just re-type the post, and change it slightly. If people would just say what they truly believe, and what they know, instead of what they think people want to hear, they wouldn't feel attacked. And if some one is talking out their a** just to be saying something, they deserve to be put in their place! JMO.

Duane you statements are right on. I too would not consider that a decoy dog.

Way to much aggression in that dog for my taste, it would run off far more coyotes than you would kill and get tore up by the others. Not a very good example at all for anyone just getting into it.

If that is your only experience hunting with a dog I guess you may believe that is the way it is, but it is much different with a trained and experienced DECOY dog. The dog just reflects the inexperience of the owner in this area.

Again Duane, could not have agreed with you more!

I am sorry but I have to agree with Duane and a few others on this one. I have seen decoy dog work before and that sure doesnt look anything like the decoy dogs I have ever seen. Looks more like a kill dog with out the kill or a tracking dog with sight chasing. I am not really sure what you call that, but I would have to say about any coyote trained dog or any dog for that matter would run up to a shot coyote and bark at it.

I know lots of people dont agree with me as I have read through the posts. I am sure the dog has and will decoy coyotes, but you shouldnt say its decoy work if its not. I dont say my track hounds are decoying coyotes because they bay or kill one after I shoot and wound in front of them.

If you dont view the video Tony posted as Decoying I dont know what your definition is..

One thing I have learned in my short time here is success is always envied(sp).. If someones got something working for them there will always be the haters.. Heck I have experienced this PLENTY myself!..

Keep putting the dogs down Tony, Business and success is obviously not as good for some..

Mitch, I would imagine there are a few on here that are envious of Tony and a few that are not. I don't think that has as much to do with defining what a decoy dog is, but it may give a few guys a way in to dig on Tony. I've talked with him about hunting dogs for hours on end, he knows what he wants and has dogs that suit what he is doing. What more is there to say?

I've stayed pretty quiet on the subject of what is or isn't a decoy dog and I'm the last person to ask, but I think the problem is that the term "Decoy dog" has turned into a generic, catch-all type of description. Meaning if its not a den dog (terrier type) and not a sight hound, but it's used to hunt coyotes, it must be a "decoy dog". I think Devin's thread of breaking the umbrella classification down will be very useful to see how many types of styles fall into this category.

To me it doesn't matter what you call them. If a guy is happy with what he is feeding that's all that matters. When claims, brags or breeding for sale come into play, its a different ball game.

I agree with your comments Brian. I believe Devin's post will help wit the classification of "decoy dog" or exemplify why the term is as generic as it is.

What I don't agree with is this one, though:

Quote:Way to much aggression in that dog for my taste, it would run off far more coyotes than you would kill and get tore up by the others. Not a very good example at all for anyone just getting into it.

This dog has never run off a coyote, though he has been on a mess of them. He was doing recovery work in this example.

Tony

Back