DTECH Delivery?

Yeah, was going to go with a .308. However, I don't plan on shooting anything bigger than an Iowa Whitetail with it, and I don't really see any advantage going with a .308 for those. Discuessed a 270WSM a little bit with Mike, but he said he's too busy to do much experimenting.

I'm going with 20" Barrel + Comp. Going with a lighter profile on the barrel to cut the weight down some. Heavy fluting under the hand guard, and cosmetic fluting out on the barrel. I'll put up some pics when I get it.

STS,

You're going to like that 6x45. It's a great cartridge in my book. The old saying goes that "good things are worth the wait." Mike is a great guy who goes that extra mile to please his customers. He really impressed me when I ordered mine, with his sincere effort in making sure I was pleased with my rifle. You just don't get that kind of great service everywhere.

I too was somewhat impatient, I admit, and I waited about 6 months or a little more. It was worth the wait. You're going to love your new toy. Just hang on a bit.

Thanks 6mm06.

I am very eager to get my hands on both of them.
When I was considering the caliber, I was lucky enough to get a whole bunch of information from "knockemdown". I have 500 rounds of new brass, bullets, powder, primers, and dies.
I went with a 20" barrel and of course I chose the famous DTECH compensator. I decided to build my own lowers and I have two new Tactical Innovations BDX15's built up with DPMS lower parts kits and Timney 3 lb. triggers. I used the Ace ARFX stocks on both with Tubb buffer springs and weights along with Young Manufacturing National Match BCG on the 6x45. Geezzz, the more I think about these rifles, the more I can barely stand the wait.

Come On Mike!!!
laugh.gif

STS,

When you get your new toy, be sure to post some photos. Everyone likes to see new ARs.

I use my 6x45 for predator hunting. It too has a 20" barrel. It's a real winner on both bobcats and coyotes. Currently I'm shooting 75 gr. Sierra HPs, which hits hard but doesn't blow gaping wounds in the fur. I've been very satisfied and impressed.

Back