Fatboy pursuit 18 tripod

Jason93518

New member
I ordered a fatboy pursuit 18 tripod for coyotes today, wondering if anyone has tried one?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5154.png
    IMG_5154.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 66
No experience with that one. I run the Fatboy Traverse and have no complaints. If I have the need or want for lighter weight I’ll grab my SunwayFoto CS3240 which is a pretty decent tripod. But truthfully, I haven’t shot off it since getting the FB.

Good luck with your purchase. Hope it works out for you! Post your thoughts when you’ve spent a bit of time behind it.
 
No experience with that one. I run the Fatboy Traverse and have no complaints. If I have the need or want for lighter weight I’ll grab my SunwayFoto CS3240 which is a pretty decent tripod. But truthfully, I haven’t shot off it since getting the FB.

Good luck with your purchase. Hope it works out for you! Post your thoughts when you’ve spent a bit of time behind it.
Will do
 
As some already stated, please post a review/ your thoughts on that tripod after you have a few stands/ sits behind it. Been looking at the Elevate 3, but if the Pursuit 18 will work while seated for hunting rolling hills and flat pastures, I might go that route. Please keep us posted. TIA.
 
As some already stated, please post a review/ your thoughts on that tripod after you have a few stands/ sits behind it. Been looking at the Elevate 3, but if the Pursuit 18 will work while seated for hunting rolling hills and flat pastures, I might go that route. Please keep us posted. TIA.
It’s on the way, I’ll be sure to do that
 
I used that tripod, 250 rounds with my hunting setup the other day and a quick hint today. Made a shot on a small coyote then a running fallow up shot -lead free TSX- and I like it. I ordered the small ball head for it, to save weight and noticed the rifle wants to fall back if the head isn’t really tight so I changed the stock to a lighter one and now it will balance with the head tight enough to hold the rifle but still able to move when I’m getting on target. I have a vortex radian and it allows you to pan left and right with the ballhead locked, I noticed this tripod does not have that option. And the extension piece underneath the head is useful I noticed. I was going to remove it when I got it, but when you’re almost set up and you want slightly more height, it comes in handy for 2-3” more. Packs good in my bag and the legs are easy to set up. I’m glad I went with it. I would recommend the “50mm” ball head instead of the 40mm but either will work
 
Last edited:
I used that tripod, 250 rounds with my hunting setup the other day and a quick hint today. Made a shot on a small coyote then a running fallow up shot -lead free TSX- and I like it. I ordered the small ball head for it, to save weight and noticed the rifle wants to fall back if the head isn’t really tight so I changed the stock to a lighter one and now it will balance with the head tight enough to hold the rifle but still able to move when I’m getting on target. I have a vortex radian and it allows you to pan left and right with the ballhead locked, I noticed this tripod does not have that option. And the extension piece underneath the head is useful I noticed. I was going to remove it when I got it, but when you’re almost set up and you want slightly more height, it comes in handy for 2-3” more. Packs good in my bag and the legs are easy to set up. I’m glad I went with it. I would recommend the “50mm” ball head instead of the 40mm but either will work
Thanks for the update Jason. Much appreciated. Good to know regarding the 50mm ball head. Just confirm this tripod gets low enough to use while seated on the ground AND gets tall enough to use while seated in a low profile (6"-8" high) chair? TIA.
 
Back
Top