Finally, another one

22magnum22

Well-known member
We actually had temperature below 100 yesterday with an expected low of 72 so after suffering terribly from cabin fever I went to a small acreage that borders a large lake. I had taken one large boar here back in May and was waiting for the hay to be baled which would allow better visibility. Got set up about 735 PM with the e-call out about 50 yds east with light wind from the NNE. Put out a couple howls, no response, pup howls, no response. Silent mode for near an hour while watching the deer and armadilloes. Never heard a coyote so tried pup distress, no response. Half moon provided good visibility and the coyotes wanted no part of it. I kept watching the tree line, looking toward the lake and about 915 saw movement. Lot of downed timber prevented me from making identification as the figure would often be out of my sight and didn't appear to be coming any closer, so I waited. Finally the "thing" came out of the brush and into the pasture edge and I was able to tell, another big boar. Adrenaline rush, and I had to keep telling myself, just relax, breathe, you've done this before. Got the crosshairs on him as he was moving broadside to my right. He just would not stop for a shot so I gave a holler, still no stop, so I just yelled louder and he stopped. Impact right behind the ear and he is down, thrashing. Sure feels good to get back in the game.
 

Attachments

  • 1790117755043.png
    1790117755043.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
That's great! Glad you were able to get out and had a bit of success. With our 6 month break in the coyote season here in NY,I sure know how you feel! I'm looking forward to getting back in the game myself! I hope your temperatures continue to cooperate and you continue to have success!
 
Back
Top