Finally got my new RRA Fred Eichler in!

MSpredator33

RRAFE.jpg

Sorry for crappy iPhone pic.

043_zpsc3bdc7a3.jpg

Figured I would post a better pic of my new favortite MSR to lighten the conversations around here and help us remember what we all enjoy!

Last edited:
congrats! i wish that float tube didnt have his initials in it....i really like the tracks and stuff, just not another mans initials.....nice rifle though!

Originally Posted By: KYDrahthaarKinda like having another man's name tattoo'd on your wife.
grin.gif

Nice rifle.

we are talking Fred Eichler here....it is worth it!!!
thumbup.gif
Nice rig brother.

Enuff jibber jabber whareesssss...!!! the range report..!!!Good luck and may u kill many fury critters with it.

i shot it a few times at a 100 on my land to sight in the scope real quick. was shooting prone propped up on a pillow just to get it close. i was getting around 1", maybe a little better, with 55 gr Z-max and 53 gr super varmints. hadn't had the chance to get the range and see what it can really do yet. any recomendations on some factory ammo for the 1 in 8 barrel twist? i will work on load development when my work slows down. i'll try to get some good group pics when i get it to the bench

Nice rifle. I tried some Hornady Superformance 53 gr v-max in my Bushmaster that was really accurate. Haven't tried it in my RRA yet. Keep us posted on how it shoots.

Originally Posted By: MSpredator33i shot it a few times at a 100 on my land to sight in the scope real quick. was shooting prone propped up on a pillow just to get it close. i was getting around 1", maybe a little better, with 55 gr Z-max and 53 gr super varmints. hadn't had the chance to get the range and see what it can really do yet. any recomendations on some factory ammo for the 1 in 8 barrel twist? i will work on load development when my work slows down. i'll try to get some good group pics when i get it to the bench

Federal gold medal, black hills, hsm, match loads in 69smk, 75hpbt, 77smk. I don't think the 80's will make it in the mag, the 75amax may not either. 69&77smk should be good though.

You have the 1/8, might as well use it and take advantage of the higher BC rounds

About a week. Got lucky and found a gun shop in IL that had one posted on a forum for sale. I called about it and he told me that he just sold it but had another one coming in that had 400 rounds through it by RRA for testing. I told him I would take it! It looks brand new. No marks anywhere on it. RRA told me 4 to 6 months minimum from them

Smart move MSpredator33. Cotterboy, I have been waiting on mine since August 1st. I called RRA and they said they are waiting on barrels. Keep us posted on how it shoots MSpredator33 and let us know when you get yours Cotterboy ... I'll keep waiting.

I was told another 4 to 6 weeks because the barrel was getting cryogenic treated right now. That puts me at mid to late January.

Back