Foxpro spitfire sound downloads?

Originally Posted By: CowboyinILYes, but can you still use the Mark II sounds on the Spitfire also?

Cowboy

There seems to be some confusion as to whether the Mark II sounds will work on the Spitfire. If you use the call selector on the Foxpro web site it shows that the Spitfire supports the 16 bit sounds.

I emailed Foxpro and ask them if the 24 bit sounds will work on the Spitfire. Here is their response:

Thank you for contacting FOXPRO, Inc. The Spitfire does not play the 24 bit
sounds, only the 16 bit sounds

This is from the Mark II sound list.
* Sounds marked with two asterisks were recorded by the staff at Haydel’s Game Calls
* Sounds marked with one asterisk are not available for the 38, 48, 416, 532, and ZR2

The Spitfire comes with Mark II sounds on it. It may only play in 16 bit but will still play the sounds.

Originally Posted By: reb8600This is from the Mark II sound list.
* Sounds marked with two asterisks were recorded by the staff at Haydel’s Game Calls
* Sounds marked with one asterisk are not available for the 38, 48, 416, 532, and ZR2

The Spitfire comes with Mark II sounds on it. It may only play in 16 bit but will still play the sounds.

I just got more information from Foxpro. They said the Spitfire will not play 24 bit sounds. The Mark II sounds that come on the Spitfire have been converted back to 16 bit. If you order the Mark II sounds and want to use them on a Spitfire you have to tell them that so that they can send you the 16 bit version or they won't play. They will still be very good but not as good as the 24 bit.

That sounds logical. I was kind of thinking that as well, though I don't know if there is a different file that is 16-bit and one that is 24-bit. I'm guessing that the 24-bit will play on the Spitfire, but the Spitfire will only produce the sound at the 16-bit quality (which is all that it is capable of - still great sound quality, just not as pristine as the 24-bit). That is just my guess, I could be wrong. Either way, I will let you guys know as I did order one with some Mark II sounds on them. Expecting it to arrive sometime this week.

Thank you all for posting the info you have ascertained and received directly from FoxPro. It helps a lot.

Cowboy

Last edited:
Okay, update. I just received my Spitfire a few days ago. About half of my sounds were the Mark II from the FoxPro website (ordered directly from them) and all the sounds work very well.

So feel free to order Mark II sounds for your Spitfire's. They Work! Woot!

Cowboy

Back