Gun Control Takes Toll On Outdoor Recreation Across Colorado

Happy Prospector

It appears that many people are choosing to spend their Recreational Dollars in other, more gun friendly states.

By: leehopper
The recent gun control measures approved in Colorado have already taken a toll on local individuals, businesses, and communities throughout the state. Those who work in the outdoor recreation industry, along with entire towns and counties that center around hunting and fishing, have been the first to experience the real economic effect of the new firearm regulations.

Tom Bowers is an outdoor recreation guide and the owner of Colorado’s High Lonesome Outfitter & Guides located in Yampa. Bowers shared with Media Trackers Colorado how the new gun legislation has already affected his business.

“Many of my hunting, fishing, horseback riding, and rafting clients are choosing to recreate in other states because of the new laws. Before the [gun control] legislation passed I got 15-30 calls from potential clients a day, now I get less than 5.”

Read more here.

It is sad that such a beautiful state, with so much scenery and hunting to offer, is ran by gun grabbers and a terrible "out to get ya" Conservation Officer division.

Those numbers should help the recall effort! Going to be a whole lot of grumpy folks in that state, if those numbers hold true over all of the guide services.

Originally Posted By: Rocky1Those numbers should help the recall effort! Going to be a whole lot of grumpy folks in that state, if those numbers hold true over all of the guide services.

"guide services", hotels, gas stations, restaurants, sporting good stores, etc., etc.

Regards,
hm

Tax revenues too!! Local, State, Federal... Of course the Obama Camp isn't bright enough to worry about things like that, or we might have had a budget in 5 years now.

Because they dont care,they want the common people on their knee's,plus Washington can just fire up the printing presses,where the states have to grovel,witch is what Obama wants,total control.
His useful idiots do his bidding by going after traditional American rights,yet they do not know that they are only cutting their own throats...

The country is gone boys,just a matter of time..

Last edited:
BUT, I read somewhere (I don't remember where now, but it was a reputable source) that they had more applications for big game licenses this year than ever before.

Just passing on what I read.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesBUT, I read somewhere (I don't remember where now, but it was a reputable source) that they had more applications for big game licenses this year than ever before.

Yeah, I read something similar to that, I think it was Obama and Biden and about half the Democratic Party said there was only like 12 people in the country that were opposed to their gun control legislation. But when the dust settled, the Senators reported anywhere from 4:1 to 100:1 e-mails supporting the Second Amendment vs Supporting Gun Control. Sometimes those Liberals are just so busy making the world right, in their minds, that they get their facts a little confused doggin.

The economic impact just shows how well things go when govt. steps in. In this case, its state govt. Well the economic impact should send a clear message to the state.

I feel for those who are in a bind over this. Too bad the state doesn't wake up and admit the wrong & put a stop to the ban.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyoteshttp://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/loc...ott-in-colorado

I like the way they played down all of the changes to gun laws in that article...

Quote:Hunters and gun rights activists are upset because new Colorado laws require background checks for private and online gun sales and limit ammunition magazines to 15 rounds.

Wasn't but just a few short weeks ago they were bragging about Colorado's gun laws being some of the toughest in the nation. Now suddenly it's just 15 round magazine limits and background checks.

I don't think Co cares about lost tax revenue. They are counting on making up the difference in Marijuana taxes. All the dopers dont care how high that tax is, as long as they can get their "head on" without interference from "the man". . As for the outfitters, well they can give up guideing sportsman and get into the pot business. Colorado legislators would be good with that.

The liberals don't care if the hunting community is taking a hit. They're group includes PETA and other anti-hunting groups and extreme environmentalists. They're happy hunting tradition will die out there.

I do not care what they say. It has had an effect. Part of the increase in lic applications is directly to a decrease in left opportunities etc.

I do not bleeive that many will not come at all, but I already have friends who are not going to spend any more here then have too. Bringing groceries, hauling fuel from out of state, opting for a camper over hotel, heck one even bought his wife shirt on line. lOL

It will have an effect. How big? Who knows. I know I have not bought a single outdoors recreation item in the state since everything passed except my PMags from mag pul!

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesBUT, I read somewhere (I don't remember where now, but it was a reputable source) that they had more applications for big game licenses this year than ever before.

I would imagine that most of those applications were sent in before the new legislation was signed in March.

Next years applications will most likely be down, but they will explain that away like everything else.

Back