Home owner protects self with AR-15

I saw a story on this that was so biased it felt like an alternate reality. The story showed photos of the homeowner's son who was the guy who shot and the 3 teens that broke in. The problem was they labeled the son "shooter" and the guys who broke into his house "victims"! The moment you kick down a door with a machete you lose the ability to be called a victim.

This isn't the article I originally saw but it does something similar https://scallywagandvagabond.com/2017/03...ounty-shooting/

Last edited:
Things like this happen fast and no matter how prepared someone thinks they are it comes as a surprise (shock) when it happens. The time which spells the difference between being a victim or survivor is a fraction of a second. Those that have never experienced that fraction of second themselves, should never try to judge someone who has.
Speaking from personal experience, it takes hours if not days for the survivor himself to put all the pieces together about what happened during that fraction of a second. Those that say they understand the situation and can make an educated judgement about it, are at best mistaken.
It is sad that a person confronted with bad guys in his own home is then put under the thumb of the legal system because he didn't become a victim. Worse, the press just feeds on this type of situation. The press likes to do nothing better than take the bad guys and make excuses for their bad behavior. By doing so, they make them the victims.

I belive there are no charges being pressed on the homeowner or his son thankfully. I belive the authority said "it was an easy decision". So atleast it seems like justice prevailed this time.

Back