How many whistle pigs you have gottn so far

Yup, That's definitely a white marlin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and a fine bull "damnifiknow" We've had our share of Bigeyes, but in seven years in the cockpit off the NC and VA coast, I've never lost a trolling rig. Lost several gaffs, mops, pliers, other piddly stuff, and one bailing rig. Stuff that breaks off the boat doesn't count against the mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, like outriggers and antennas!
It's getting to be the white marlin time of the year........ Good luck!
F1

Sorry to hijack ya'll's fishing thread but took out #9 today. I was actually on a dove shoot and saw him hustling across the field. BIG MISTAKE. It took four dove loads to off him but you use what you brung. That's seven with a .22, one by bow, and one by shotgun. One day I'll try'em with a centerfire like normal people. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Got a limit of doves, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

OOps!
ya, sorry to have gone off on a tangent...too much saltwater in the veins!
Flyrod's gotta be over 100 now anyway, so he can probably get us back on track here...
Nice kill, Redeye

I added 9 more to the collection over Labor Day Weekend bring the season total up to 69. I got a crow at 325 yards which is my longest crow shot to date /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Trying to get out once more to get over 75 and call it a season. Time to get ready for fox and coyote season.

Last edited:
Still stuck on #95!!!!!! My shooting partner has killed a couple more, but I havn't. I always give him the first shot, and on the last couple trips it's been a one hog evening. Between tall beans, drought stricken pastures, and earlier sunsets, I'm having a tough time getting the last five. They'll come though, we're getting rain now and cooler weather is coming. Piggies will be out trying to thicken their fat layer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif The end of the week looks promising!
F1

Dayuum, It's slow, but it's 96 as of this evening. Partner got one too. Picked up another farm with 1000 acres and supposedly lots of poodles, this evening. That took some time from hunting. Got some recon to do before any major assault! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
F1

I finally had to give up on them, this has been a crazy summer. So far it stands at 36 with 4 different weapons. I put the stalk on one behind the house earlier this week with the bow, but the neighbor's shiny bald head spooked him off. I hope to catch him out while the neighbor isn't around. I think he has a hole in the hay field about 30 yds from my fence. My main focus now is deer and coyotes and in another 2 months foxes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif.

Corey,
I've gotten some new info that may be useful in your quest for foxes. I'll PM you later. Headed for Culpeper momentarily............
F1

Corey.......you should tan out a hog skin for the neighbor's head so you wouldn't miss out on a once in a life time shot like that.............SM

Tell me about it SM, I don't know if I killed any this year that would cover that much real estate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It would have to be hogzilla to cover that shine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I use to, now if it has a big hole or needs mending, it just gets replaced or if it's a hide I just whack the tail. The older I get the less conservative I get /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif.

97! Just one early this afternoon, had to pack it in about 1:30 to go to a birthday party. Made a couple stands this morning, no yoteys. One red fox came to the first stand, but would not cross onto the property I was hunting.
Next stand was completely dry.
Just 3 more to go!!
F1

102 !!! Finally! Went to a friends wedding this afternoon, rushed home and got into some more appropriate attire, and headed west for a short afternoon poodle hunt. It was 4:15 when I got to the farm, and the first field I scanned had five hogs out at one time! All were over 350 yards and the wind was blowing a steady 20 mph, but I tried one, and missed by almost a foot from wind drift. ALL the rest of the hogs in that field returned to their holes after the shot, so I moved on. I managed to find several more targets at more managable distances, considering the wind, and went three straight from 160 to just under 275 yards.
Around 6:00 the wind just fell out, and I managed two more, one at 206 and the last one at 314.
No camera, I left it at home in my rush to get out the door! But, I think there are still three in the back of the truck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Forgot to feed the yoteys!
Well, the pressure is off now, and the great weight has been lifted. Time to get down to some serious killin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
F1

Add another, 103. Took my hunting partner this evening, and we didn't get to the fields until 5:15. He got 2, and one for me. We missed as many as we killed, the wind was kickin' and the shots were long, but a good time was had by all.

Corey, Get out in those freshly cut beanfields! All the hogs that dug new holes out in the fields, are now exposed big time! They're sitting ducks, if you don't have wind to contend with.
F1

Thank you, thank you very much! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I wish the whole season had been as easy as it is right now! The limiting factors now are daylight, wind, and lower populations because of earlier shooting. These hogs in the cut beanfields, seem a little dumbfounded, to all of a sudden, be exposed out in the middle of a field with zero cover! Trouble is, they'll wise up quick!

Flyrod1, I have just about given up on the piggies. I have been chasing deer lately. The beans are still in the fields here and so is some of the corn. I'm going yoting on some new ground with a friend this Saturday and will look for targets of opportunity between stands if it doesn't affect the calling. It's been a pretty uneventful summer for me and I haven't been piggin in over 2 months. Next year I hope to get back at it full swing. I was hoping to best my 45 kills from last year, but it looks like I'm stuck at 36 for now. BTW, congrats on the 103.

I finished up the year with 51, my best year ever. My son got his best year with 12...

This is him with #12 of the year.....
piggy.jpg

Back