How much does your rifle weigh?

Originally Posted By: CallingArkansasChristensen Arms CA15 3 Gun, 18” carbon fiber barrel with titanium brake, carbon fiber hand guard,
Leupold VX5 HD with CDS 3.5 x 15 x 44 scope, 10 round mag (it’s a hunting rifle and I went for as little weight as possible).
Total weight is exactly 7 lbs.

Nice. Great total weight.

Originally Posted By: CallingArkansas

I’m searching for a backpack style open top scabbard with MOLLE system that I can carry this rifle in. I plan to add on pouches for caller, stool, sticks, and needed accessories. If anyone knows of one let me know the brand.

Might check out the Triple Aught Design packs. FAST Pack EDC or the FAST Pack Litespeed.
They have molle and have a transporter tail you can put the stock of your rifle in, then secure it to the pack with the straps attached to the pack. I've had both the EDC and the smaller Litespeed. Great pieces.

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724
1787.jpg

I guess I lied. I weighed it again last night and it was 7 pounds 12 ounces! It's just growing up so fast!
frown.gif

A little over 7lbs. For whatever reason I find just over 7lbs to be the cutoff for comfort on any gun I carry in my hands walking around. Calling predators it is generally just slung on my shoulder so another pound or so doesn't matter, but every gun I own has to go on jack rabbit duty too.

Look at 7mm 08. Why buy a creed. Just my simple thoughts after ballistics review. Who’s really shooting predators or anything else past 400 yards? .223 CA 15 for dogs 7mm-08 for deer. 6.5 creed is just another money maker. Read the ballistics!

Traded my shotgun for this Tikka T3X Superlite .22-250 with Optilok rings and got a warranty upgraded Zeiss 3-15 all for a wonderful coyote stopping machine.

[img:center]
25qunpz.jpg
[/img]

[img:center]
2le2kr6.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
That’s a very nice rifle tripod3. I think one of these is going to be my next 22-250 also. Using a Savage trophy hunter right now as a truck gun, enjoy it mostly because it doesn’t mess with my mind when it gets beat up and abused a little. Your rifle looks like the new T3X, do they make both a lite and a superlite?

Last edited:
The majority of mine after they are setup to hunt weight no more than 7lbs., most at 6lbs. 6oz.
I have 2 Husqvarna's made in the 1956-58 that weight 7lbs 2oz scoped with steel base and rings, one is listed for sale here, hint, hint.
grin.gif
shocked.gif
An Antonio Zoli that is a hefty at 8lbs. 9oz. and a porker of a CZ at 9lbs. 2oz.
Then there is this light weight coming in at 5lbs. 1oz as you see it.
blink.gif
It has only had 2 loads run through it and none designed for it. Still seems to shoot good. Its wonderful to carry.
thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: McGraw That’s a very nice rifle tripod3. I think one of these is going to be my next 22-250 also. Using a Savage trophy hunter right now as a truck gun, enjoy it mostly because it doesn’t mess with my mind when it gets beat up and abused a little. Your rifle looks like the new T3X, do they make both a lite and a superlite?

Yes it is a T3X, and yes they do make both models. The Superlite has a fluted barrel and is exclusive to Cabela's and Sportsmans Warehouse. The Lite is available almost anywhere.

I also have a T/C Venture Predator in the timber camo pattern. Has a 22” fluted barrel in .223 cal. Added a new Burris Predator Quesr scope in 3x9x40 with low mounts. Gun scope and rings all come new in the same camo pattern. This rifle is comes with a 1” moa guarantee. I’ve shoot Federal 60 gr Partitioners thru it for deer. It will almost one hole that ammo. I shoot Hornady 53 grain V-MAX for varmints with slight optics adjustments. I just did some trigger work on this gun over the weekend. Took out some creep but didn’t have the right Allen wrench to lower the pull weight. Removing the creep was very noticeable. I really like the feel of this gun, it’s balanced well, very stream lined look and feel, perfect camo with rifle, scope and rings all matching. Has pacmyer embedded grips in the stock and forearm. I just wish it was in a .243 since I already have a very nice AR in .223 Wylde. I’d like to have a Tikka TX3 lite in .223 setup for longer ranges when and if I get to ever go hunt some of the open country.

wfzBlY9.jpg

CZ527 in 223AI..18" Factory tube, factory HS Stock, Leupold Mark AR 3-9 in Burris Zee rings on a DIP base with two mags in the stock pouch, 10lbs all in with SiCo Harvester screwed on

LgAaWMp.jpg

Remington 700 action in .22 Creedmoor, 22" CM Shilen heavy varmint, Stocky's Polymer stock, Magpul bottom metal, Sightron Stac 3-16 in PRW rings on XTR bases, 15lbs all in with SiCo Harvester

Last edited:
Back