How not to ASK permission to hunt coyotes on a farmers property.

115 lbs. That would be a lunker for sure. Found this in a Google search. Don't know how accurate it is.

"Bobcats from the northern parts of their range tend to be larger on average than those further south. Larger individuals also tend to occur in open areas, whereas those from forested areas are smaller. The largest bobcat on record weighed 17.6 kg (38.8 lb)."

Here is a link... http://www.lioncrusher.com/animal.asp?animal=41

I know one thing, I've seen a lot of dead bobcats and almost everybody over estimates the weight. Same with mountain lions and even coyotes. When either are put on a set of honest scales they tend to shed weight quickly. lol!

Good hunting

J. Holly - you made my day. Now I need to clean the scotch off my screen. And so far my keyboard is still working. Havn't laughed that hard in quite a while.

Hey, I think I know that cat he was talking about, I shot it's brother and made a king size comforter out of it. Warmest thing I have ever covered up with. Except mine was only 114 3/4.

A friend of mine killed a 54 #er in the UP of MI about 30 yrs ago. It made the local paper in St Ignance.
I am sure there are a few that may be bigger, but not by much. I have always felt that a 40 lb cat has a belly full of venison.

Regards,

JD338

Maybe "bobcat" was the name of the neighbor's German Shepard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith

Last edited:
Back